POST NEWS UPDATE: Samoa Joe & Johnny Gargano Updates, Men's Survivor Series Team

Originally published at POST NEWS UPDATE: Samoa Joe & Johnny Gargano Updates, Men's Survivor Series Team - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

POST News Update: Samoa Joe & Johnny Gargano Updates, Men’s Survivor Series Team

** Coming out of the 11/12/19 edition of WWE Backstage on FS1, Samoa Joe provided a brief update on his hand injury and stated that he hopes to be back in action in a few weeks’ time. Also, during ‘The Satin Sheet’ portion of the show with Ryan Satin, it was announced that Johnny Gargano is out with a neck injury and will not be cleared in time for NXT TakeOver: WarGames for his planned match against Finn Balor. Also, The Miz and Paige have inked new multi-year deals with WWE. In February of 2018, PWInsider reported that The Miz signed a new deal with WWE that would keep him with the company until 2022. The site added that the existing deal has been extended to 2025 and Paige’s deal is through 2023. Representing Team SmackDown at Survivor Series will be Mustafa Ali, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Shorty G and “King” Baron Corbin, and Bray Wyatt is scheduled to appear on the 11/15/19 episode of Friday Night SmackDown.

** In his piece for the New Japan Pro-Wrestling website, NJPW President Harold Meij commented on the report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Kenny Omega was stopped from entering Japan for his recent match for DDT Pro Wrestling. It was noted in the report that this incident was the third time Omega had trouble entering Japan since departing from NJPW in January of 2019. Here’s how Meij responded to the report:

“By the way, a few days ago, there were some unbelievable rumors that New Japan Pro-Wrestling tried to prevent Kenny Omega from entering Japan, but there was no reason why a company could not do that. I don’t want to do that. I thought it would be through because it was rumors spread from somebody’s speculation, but I mentioned that it was important to tell the fact by denying it once. Kenny Omega has made a great contribution to New Japan Pro Wrestling, and I wish him success.”

** TMZ caught up with Logan Paul following his Boxing bout against KSI. Paul was asked if he would like to take on CM Punk in a combat setting and Paul said he knows he could destroy Punk but would rather take on a more “worthy adversary” in either Bellator or UFC:

“I am. I’d be down to fight… I think I would destroy CM Punk if I’m being honest. I don’t know if anyone would disagree with that.” The reporter brought up that Punk has had several MMA bouts and Logan Paul responded with, “Lost all of them. Not think, I know I could. I don’t know. This isn’t about CM Punk anymore. I would want to fight an MMA fight, or fight in the UFC or Bellator. Like why CM Punk?… just a worthy adversary. It can’t be a world-class fighter.”

** All Elite Wrestling coach Jerry Lynn took to social media and revealed that after undergoing an MRI, he’ll be having surgery for a bulging disk on November 29th. He added that the good news coming out of that announcement is that there is a 3-4 week recovery period. Lynn was not present at Starrcast IV or Full Gear.

** Metro interviewed Jinder Mahal and Mahal told the publication that his goal is to win the Universal Championship in the main event of a WrestleMania. Mahal hopes to capture more championships when he returns from his knee surgery in a couple of months.

** RetroMania Wrestling officially announced that their game which releases in 2020 will be the successor to WrestleFest. They’ve acquired the rights to all of the characters from the arcade game, Mat Mania. RetroMania Wrestling has been promoted during episodes of NWA Powerrr as the likes of Nick Aldis, Colt Cabana, and Austin Idol will have characters in the game.

** John Cena will be a part of an audio series entitled “The 64th Man” which debuts on Audible on November 14th. The series is about a college football star chasing the dream of being in the NFL.

** On the November 15th episode of Friday Night SmackDown, New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) will defend their SmackDown Tag Team Championships against The Revival.

** On the newest edition of WWE’s After The Bell podcast, host Corey Graves chatted about New Day becoming SmackDown Tag Team Champions and expressed that he believes that it is time for Big E to have his singles push:

“This should be the opportunity for Big E’s big singles breakout performance . Now I’m not saying break up the New Day. They’ve gone on the record a million times and said, ‘Nope, they want to stay a unit forever’, and I don’t want to be the one to argue, but, people forget Big E was a former NXT Champion. Big E, I believe was a United States or Intercontinental Champion very shortly into his WWE career and that’s when he was still figuring things out. Big E now has the seasoning. He’s no doubt learned, spending all this time with Kofi. He’s definitely developed in the ring. I mean if you can’t see that then I don’t know what you’re watching. Big E has got future WWE or Universal Champion written all over him. As entertaining as all three members of the New Day are in front of the camera, we haven’t even scratched the tip of the iceberg with what Big E is capable of as a performer. One of the funniest human beings that I know. Not WWE superstars — human beings that I’ve ever met in my life. Big E is wildly talented and honest to God man, I would love some sort of control to make this happen. I could start right now, and I think, take this all the way to WrestleMania. Big E’s final opportunity. He’s always been the muscle of New Day. I don’t want to call him the third member because they’ve been a cohesive unit. About as cohesive as a trio can be, but I think it’s damn time for Big E to have a massive, main event, singles opportunity in WWE.”

Graves also touched on the women’s WarGames match that is slated for NXT TakeOver: WarGames. He said NXT’s women’s division excites him more than anything going on currently in WWE and praised several of the competitors who’ll be in the match.

“With all due respect to the women on RAW, the women on SmackDown — this current iteration of the NXT women’s division is more exciting to me than anything else going on in WWE. It reminds me of a few years back — the glory days so-to-speak. It wasn’t even that long ago but, in the days of the Four Horsewomen, the days where NXT’s women’s division really set the bar and kind of helped put the wheels in motion for what would become the women’s evolution. They are stacked with talent right now. You’ve got Shayna Baszler who in my opinion is the best women’s wrestler in the game right now. I cannot get enough of watching Shayna beat people up and hurt people. I believe everything about her. You’ve got Rhea Ripley who is just so different and refreshing. Bianca Belair. I mean the list goes on and on and every time these women are given a platform, they knock it out of the park. I have absolutely no doubt that what these women do in Chicago will have people buzzing for potentially years to come.”

Former NXT Champion Finn Balor joined the podcast and opened up about his return to NXT:

“It came to be a couple months ago. Things weren’t kinda going as smoothly or really — I don’t want to say ‘as smoothly’ but I just wasn’t happy with where I was at on RAW and SmackDown, had a conversation with Hunter, we pinged some ideas back and forth, I took a little time off, came back in NXT and it’s all been awesome since.”

Corey Graves asked Balor about possibly reuniting the Bullet Club with Luke Gallows, AJ Styles and Karl Anderson. Balor weighed the outcomes of that but wants to create something new and fresh and wants to create another chapter of his career in NXT.

“The Bullet Club reunion,” Balor laughed. “Everyone talks about the Bullet Club reunion but, off-camera we’re still boys so, whether or not it happens on-screen or not, I don’t know. Is it one of those things that it almost nearly happens and doesn’t. Is that cooler? Or will it be the case of when we give it to ‘em, it’s, ‘Uhm, that’s it? I was hoping it was gonna be cooler than that’, and you know, we keep talking about this five years — I’ve been in the WWE five years so all this Bullet Club stuff for me is six, seven years ago. Trying to go back in time that far for me is… I’d rather come up with something new, create something new, create something that people can talk about fresh that can leave another legacy, another chapter of my career and hopefully that’s what we can do in NXT.”

** WAAF Radio is hosting a sweepstakes and the winner will win a copy of WWE 2K20. There is also an opportunity to win tickets to Monday Night RAW from Boston, Massachusetts on November 18th.

** Dolph Ziggler was interviewed by talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy and opened up about his World Heavyweight Championship win on the RAW after WrestleMania 29. Dolph stated that he was told that the title run was not long term and his concussion sped up plans to get someone else in that position.

“I’ll elaborate on this in the book next year, but I knew that wasn’t long term. I was blatantly told to my face, ‘This is not long term, it is just to get to this point’. So everyone, a lot of times, are like, ‘Ah, well, if you didn’t get concussed, who knows!’ – No, no, no. I was there to be in that position for another month and then it was going to be for someone else. It was a transitional moment, sadly. No matter what I did. When I was told that, I said, ‘I will do everything in my power for the next four weeks to change your damn mind’. So hadn’t I gotten kicked the next week, it would have been the same situation, sadly. But that moment, I’ll never forget. I love being bitter, snarky and zinging everybody, but that accumulation of noise based on, ‘This is a guy we know they’re not going to let become world champion, we want him to become world champion, he’s a bad guy but we know he’s good and there’s something special here’ – for all that to happen on that night when the music hit… and it hit me like needles on my body, I went, ‘Oh my god, this is fantastic’. The best part was, I was supposed to come down there, smack him with the briefcase and one, two, three. I said, ‘That’s not what Dolph Ziggler would do. Dolph Ziggler would almost lose that cash-in a couple of times’ and we made it special because Del Rio is a real pro. Him and I had some awesome matches and he was fun to work with, but he knew it too and he said, ‘They’re all going to buy you losing’.

Ziggler also talked about the report that John Morrison is returning to WWE. Ziggler said he has heard about it and said that for three years, Morrison told him that he is coming back to WWE:

“I keep hearing that too! What the hell? He’s a friend of mine. We hang out and do things together. I just did a little cameo in a short movie he did a couple of weeks ago and then he posted these pictures of the two of us, and then I posted them like, ‘This is cool’. Then everyone is like, ‘Confirmed! These guys are a tag team, they’re dressing like double dragon, they’re back!’ And I’m like, ‘Guys’ . He’s a friend of mine and I was doing him a favor. He keeps it under his coat about what he’s doing but for three years he’s been telling me he’s coming back! So, I don’t know if he’s messing with me or what so I stopped asking him. I hope he comes back. Its been a really long time, it’ll be so refreshing to see him. He and I ten years ago on these overseas tours, we’d either start the show or wrestle before the intermission, first-half main event, where we were given free reign to tear it down and have a blast. Hopefully he’s back soon, I don’t know.”

** WWE Live Event Results (11/12/19) Amsterdam, Netherlands
– Ricochet def. Drew McIntyre
WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships: The Kabuki Warriors (Kairi Sane & Asuka) (c) def. Nikki Cross & Sarah Logan
– R-Truth def. Drake Maverick
– Cedric Alexander def. Shelton Benjamin
RAW Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) def. Sasha Banks
– Rusev def. Bobby Lashley (w/ Lana) via DQ.
– Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman & Rey Mysterio def. The O.C. (Karl Anderson, AJ Styles & Luke Gallows)
WWE Universal Championship – Street Fight: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (c) def. Seth Rollins

** WWE Live Event Results (11/12/19) Lille, France
SmackDown Tag Team Championships – Triple-Threat Tag Team Match: The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) (c) def. The Revival, and Luke Harper & Rowan
– Andrade def. Sin Cara
– Carmella & Dana Brooke def. The IIconics
WWE Intercontinental Championship: Ali def. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) (w/ Sami Zayn) via DQ.
– Ali & Daniel Bryan def. Sami Zayn & Shinsuke Nakamura
– Apollo Crews, Shorty G, Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado (w/ Kalisto) def. Bo Dallas, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bayley (c) def. Charlotte Flair
– Roman Reigns def. “King” Baron Corbin

** November 12th was the anniversary of Becky Lynch’s moment on RAW heading into Survivor Series on-which she was concussed and had to be removed from her match against Ronda Rousey. Former WWE writer Kazeem Famuyide took to Twitter to reflect on the moment:

“I’ll never forget being in the writers room watching this, as it was happening and all of us letting out a collective “holy s*** she’s leaking,” but once she stood up with the arms out we knew a moment was made. Also, the next day was nuts because after the high of “wow, that was fire” wore off, we also realized Becky was probably hella concussed, and she was, and there goes out Ronda/Becky match at Survivor Series. I think it all worked out for the best though. Happy accidents.”

** Boxing promoter Frank Warren chatted with talkSPORT about Tyson Fury.

** FOX Carolina has information posted about how tickets to the December 9th edition of Monday Night RAW from Greenville, South Carolina can be won.

** Ken Shamrock spoke with the New York Post and expressed that he feels if WWE does not change, they will be left in the past in regard to wrestlers not wanting to be exclusive to one company.

“I think companies like IMPACT are creating an opportunity for people to work, be on TV and at the same time they have freedom to work other places if they want. I think all the other companies, except for WWE is doing the same thing. I think if that doesn’t change, WWE will be in the past because people, at least in my opinion, the future isn’t about wrestlers being locked into one company. They want to be able to have creative freedom to have an opportunity to wrestle overseas or wrestle other places without somebody telling them they can’t.”

** Muscle & Fitness released their sit-down interview with Kofi Kingston from Kofi’s reign as WWE Champion. Kofi discussed being able to have a say in how his on-screen character is presented and building that relationship with Vince McMahon:

“I think that it’s just a matter of being able to go out and have a good performance and then the crowd reacts to you and then all of a sudden, people will leave you alone to your own devices because they trust you so we earned that trust with Vince.”

** EveningTimes has a story up about R-Truth and Nikki Cross meeting children during WWE’s overseas tour as a part of WWE’s partnership with the NSPCC’s ‘Call Out Bullying’ campaign.

** German film director and screenwriter Werner Herzog revealed during an interview with Variety that he watches WrestleMania.

** Rob Higgins, executive director of the Tampa Bay Sports Commission told the Tampa Bay Times that he expects WrestleMania 36 to generate 50,000 hotel visitor room nights by attendees from every state and more than 60 countries.

** Sonya Deville told Fightful that she is open to competing in MMA again.

** WWE will be returning to Birmingham, England on May 5th, 2020 as a part of their European tour.

** During an interview with Sportskeeda, Bobby Lashley listed off a few names within WWE who he thinks could make a successful transition to MMA:

“I wouldn’t say just one person. I mean, hell, I was just talking to somebody yesterday about it because there is, of course, weight classes. I say, the one thing in wrestling is if you’re athletic and you have some kind of martial arts background, it will get you a long ways. I think someone like Shelton Benjamin can definitely do it. Helms, with the exception of his little motorcycle accident on his foot. If he had an opportunity back in the day, he definitely would be one that could throw down.”

** Boston Celtics Center Enes Kanter spoke with Boston Magazine and said that he is still interested in transitioning to WWE after his basketball career is over.

** According to WWE Network News, the final months of WCW Thunder are being uploaded to the WWE Network on November 18th.

** Sendai Girls Royal Tag Tournament Results (11/12/19) Korakuen Hall
Royal Tag Tournament First Round Match: Meiko Satomura & Syuri def. Ayame Sasamura & Yoshiko
Royal Tag Tournament Second Round Match: Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu def. Alex Lee & Charli Evans
Royal Tag Tournament Second Round Match: Chikayo Nagashima & KAORU def. Jaguar Yokota & Yurika Oka
Royal Tag Tournament First Round Match: Manami & Mikoto Shindo def. Nanami & Sareee
Royal Tag Tournament Second Round Match: Meiko Satomura & Syuri def. Aja Kong & Sakura Hirota
Royal Tag Tournament Second Round Match: DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto def. Manami & Mikoto Shindo
Royal Tag Tournament Semi-Final Match: Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu def. Meiko Satomura & Syuri
Royal Tag Tournament Semi-Final Hardcore Match: DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto def. Chikayo Nagashima & KAORU
Royal Tag Tournament Final Match: DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto def. Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu

** Sam Roberts interviewed Nikki Cross at Ringside Fest and Nikki expressed that she is open to the idea of challenging Kay Lee Ray for the NXT U.K. Women’s Championship:

“Right now, Kay Lee Ray, she has the NXT U.K. Women’s Championship, and me and Kay Lee Ray, we came up together, we started the same year, we’ve walked with each other so much over the last decade. So for me, to be able to go and challenge for that and once again, reignite that feud with Kay Lee Ray, that would be amazing. So, I’ve definitely thought about it and its definitely entered my mind more than once so, hey, you never know what could happen. I’d be happy to make the flight. I’d get on a ship, I wouldn’t swim there,” Nikki laughed. “I’d be happy to make that trip and definitely face for that gold.”

** Nick Jackson noted on Twitter that All Elite Wrestling is coming to California in 2020.

** Deadline is reporting that WWE Studios’ ‘Rumble’ film is now set to release in January of 2021 after originally having a planned release date of July 2020.

** Allysin Kay will be defending the NWA Women’s World Championship against Rain at WrestlePro’s ‘I Hart Wrestling’ event on December 7th in Alaska.

** Arn Anderson and Conrad Thompson reviewed the 2014 Survivor Series pay-per-view on the most recent edition of Arn’s podcast. The WWE Hall Of Famer gave his take on why Cesaro has not reached his full potential yet in WWE:

“He was probably outspoken, probably stood up for his self, which is not taken lightly or very well. This is a guy that did a giant swing on Khali for God’s sake. If you didn’t see it, pull it up, find it. Had it not been for Big Show having a bad knee or a bad hip and I can’t remember which — it might have been a bad hip. He had the wherewithal to giant swing Big Show for God’s sake. His hip was the only thing that prevented it. Now, put that visual in your head. The guy is superhuman strong. When he was with Sheamus — if you go back again, you gotta go back and watch matches. All the things he had done to get himself over as a single when he became partners with Sheamus. These guys were heels. You didn’t want to do all the pretty stuff. You didn’t want to suplex a guy from — who’s on the outside all the way on the floor and you reach across, you’re standing on the bottom rope and you stand him straight up, and suplex him into the ring. All those things that he did that were so incredible, they didn’t do because they were a heel team and they were trying to get the babyfaces over, and he sacrificed like a lot of heels do who are cast into that tag slot. They end up losing their individuality and their selfishness has to go away. They can’t worry about just getting themselves over. They got three other guys in the ring to worry about so, that’s what I thought happened. I think he probably still has the tools that he always had. Who knows?”

** Gangrel was awarded a key to the city from Dania Beach, Florida.

** On the November 19th edition of IMPACT Wrestling on AXS TV, Michael Elgin, Rich Swann, Brian Cage, Daga, Tessa Blanchard, and Moose will compete in a six-pack elimination match and the winner will be declared the number one contender to Sami Callihan’s IMPACT World Championship. Also, Jordynne Grace is set to take on Taya Valkyrie & John E. Bravo in a Handicap match. There will also be a four-way tag team match between Reno Scum, The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz), The Deaners and Desi Hit Squad.

** Jay Lethal was interviewed by Vulture Hound and shared that AEW World Champion Chris Jericho is still on his list of ‘dream opponents’:

“Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho one hundred percent. I thought it was going to be able to happen, and then those guys went off and did their own thing, and I was like, ‘Ah, man!’ He’s on the top of the list, and of course, I don’t know if I’ll ever get to do it, but I mean, growing up, I was a huge fan of The Undertaker. He could just do no wrong to me. I wouldn’t even have to wrestle him. Just getting to work with him in any capacity would be cool. But as far wrestling, I think Jericho’s on the top of that list. There’s a couple of guys on the indies. Believe it or not, there’s a lot of people, and I’ve been around for a while, there’s a lot of people that I haven’t gotten to actually wrestle in a singles match. I don’t know if you know John Klinger?”

** Cesaro appeared on the Gorilla Position podcast.

** Shota Umino is slated to take on Carlos Romo on December 1st at Revolution Pro Wrestling’s ‘Live At The Cockpit 48’ show.

** Killer Kross joined the PWTCast to chat about horror movies, Marvel, merchandise and more.

** ESPN has a feature up about some of the best wrestlers in Survivor Series history.

** 14 years ago on November 13th, WWE Hall Of Famer Eddie Guerrero passed away.

** David Starr is defending the OTT World Championship against Mike Bailey on November 30th at OTT’s ‘Outer Space Odyssey’ event.

** MMA competitor Arjan Bhullar chatted with Sportskeeda and said professional wrestling does interest him but he is focused on his MMA career at the moment. He said he does watch WWE and All Elite Wrestling and also spoke about his friendship with Jinder Mahal.

** Ahead of AEW: Dynamite in Nashville, Tennessee, The Young Bucks and AEW World Tag Team Champions S.C.U. (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) spoke with Tennessean.com.

** Here’s an excerpt from Natalya’s latest blog post for the Calgary Sun in-which she talked about her match with Lacey Evans from WWE Crown Jewel:

“WWE has been traveled to the Middle East for over three decades and has hosted more than 40 events there. When WWE showcased its first Crown Jewel event, I immediately knew I wanted to be the first woman ever to wrestle in Saudi Arabia. When I was invited to Jeddah in May this past year, I had a great feeling that we were getting closer to the “first-ever women’s match” becoming a reality in Saudi Arabia. Little did I know it would be just months later that I would be invited back to the kingdom, along with Lacey Evans, this time to Riyadh.”

** Ali’s name has been reverted back to “Mustafa Ali”.

** Per PWInsider, 205 Live will be taking place from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania after this week’s Friday Night SmackDown.

** TJP versus Brian Pillman Jr. is official for MLW’s 2019 Opera Cup which kicks off on December 5th in Queens, New York.

** 80s Wrestling Con’s own Tommy Fierro is working with Ring of Honor on live event promotion according to PWInsider.

** Stephanie McMahon appeared on Good Day DC along with members of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

** Former WWE Tag Team Champion Fred Rosser is joining the Sportskeeda writing team.

** AEW World Tag Team Champions S.C.U. (Scorpio Sky, Frankie Kazarian) and Christopher Daniels joined 105.9 The Rock in Nashville, Tennessee. During the conversation, Christopher Daniels talked about S.C.U.’s decision to join All Elite Wrestling and how The Young Bucks were downplaying their next move out of respect to S.C.U. being under contract with Ring of Honor at the beginning stages of AEW.

“At the end of 2018, there was a ton of speculation about what Matt and Nick Jackson were going to do. They had already said they weren’t going to re-sign with Ring of Honor and there was tons of speculation, and we, the three of us (S.C.U.) and The Young Bucks would travel together in the same car when we were working Ring of Honor together and so… I think when we were traveling in the car, they were sort of, out of respect to our situation and the fact that we were under contract, they sort of under-described what they were doing just keep it safe for us. But once January 1st came around, I got a call and they basically said, ‘This is what we’re doing and this is what we want and we’d love to have you on board’, and I already thought, ‘No matter what they did, I was gonna keep myself open and sort of see what the landscape was going to be’ and I honestly had no idea it was gonna be as big as they thought or as they basically pitched to me. It was almost like, ‘Maybe I’ll do some shows with them’ and then realized, ‘Oh, they’ve got an actual company that they’re going to do’ so I mean, it a pretty easy decision to make once that was described and explained to me, and I think the guys probably have similar stories in that vain.”

** WWE Hall Of Famer Kurt Angle appeared on FOX 13 Tampa Bay to promote WrestleMania 36 and the WrestleMania 36 on-sale ticket party.

** Pro Wrestling NOAH ‘Starting Over’ Results (11/13/19) Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima, Japan
– Quiet Storm def. Kinya Okada
– Hi69 def. Junta Miyawaki
– Minoru Tanaka & Mohammed Yone def. Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue
– Atsushi Kotoge, Chris Ridgeway, Kotaro Suzuki & Yoshinari Ogawa def. Daisuke Harada, HAYATA, Tadasuke & YO-HEY
– El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Hajime Ohara & Takashi Sugiura def. Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Hitoshi Kumano
– Kaito Kiyomiya, Naomichi Marufuji & Shuhei Taniguchi def. Kenou, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura

** Hiroshi Tanahashi turned 43 on November 13th.

** Kurt Angle noted on Instagram that all proceeds from House Of Glory’s ‘No Limit’ show on November 16th will go the family of Matt Travis who unfortunately passed away this past weekend.

** Bruce Prichard and Conrad Thompson chatted about the reports surrounding The Fabulous Moolah after her name was going to be used for the now-WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal:

** Trey Miguel is challenging Ace Austin for the X Division Championship at IMPACT Wrestling’s ‘Hard To Kill’ pay-per-view on January 12th.

** Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson of The Revival joined Sky Sports’ Lock Up podcast and Dawson expressed that he and Dash do not get the credit they deserve for what they’ve done for tag team wrestling in WWE:

“I don’t know if we’ll ever get any kind of credit for that. This is gonna sound a bit egotistical but I don’t think we get the credit we deserve, as far as changing tag team wrestling and bringing it back to where it was because there was a time, and there still is a time — I don’t care, I’ll say it right now: There’s still a time when they just throw guys together and have these quote unquote tag team matches but then you have actual tag teams and there’s only a handful of actual tag teams who know how to work the style of tag team wrestling and know how to make it work. So, I don’t know if we’ll ever get the credit I feel like we deserve, but we have WWE 2016 Match of The Year, WWE Tag Team of The Year. Like I said, we’re the first ever triple-crown tag team champions so we have enough accolades to back up what we believe.”

The duo was asked about their pairing with Randy Orton. Both feel that there was more that they could’ve done as a trio and Dash Wilder was the first of the two to give his thoughts about their partnership with Orton:

“The most fun I’ve had since we came up from NXT, personally. Just learning from him and getting to see how he works up close and picking his brain afterwards. There’s not many guys like him that have accomplished what he’s accomplished for as long as he’s accomplished it. So, man, I wish that we could’ve had more time as a faction and hopefully we have a chance with him again down the line.”

Scott Dawson added the following comments:

“There was a lot of money left on the table whenever that was dissolved. We could’ve done a lot of good things for professional wrestling. We could’ve done a lot of good things for WWE but that’s not how they saw it, unfortunately. But yeah, like Dash said, we learned a lot from Randy Orton and we also became good friends with Randy too, over those two months that we were with him. I think he enjoyed being with us too because he hadn’t had that… not that we were super young guys but that kind of youthful vibrancy of wanting to steal the show every night. He hadn’t been around that for a while, and he got with us and man, every single night, whether it was a TV show, house show or a pay-per-view, we wanted to steal the show and work harder than anybody else and I think he enjoyed that but I also think he respected that. So we grew this kinship, this friendship, a bond with him that we haven’t had on the main roster with anybody else.”

** While making the rounds on the media circuit, Kurt Angle joined Newsradio WFLA Tampa.

** Kofi Kingston’s mom and cousin drove from Paris to Lille, France to see Kofi wrestle live.

** Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated interviewed Jim Ross and Ross talked about how proud he is of Jon Moxley and Kenny Omega for their match at AEW Full Gear. Ross said their match challenged him as a broadcaster:

“Its been years since I was this proud of two guys in a match like I am with Moxley and Kenny. I’ve never seen a main event like that. They should be congratulated. The effort they put forth was absolutely amazing. This match was a great indication of the in-ring spirit of AEW. We want to be about innovation and delivering a great effort. The match gave us stunts, it gave us wrestling, it gave us drama, it gave us uniqueness. This was about two guys that were given a chance to lay out their own game plan and execute their match, and that’s what they did. I loved that the Mox-Kenny match challenged me as a broadcaster. People kept telling me, ‘JR, this match isn’t for you.’ How do you know that? I wasn’t with ECW; that was Joey Styles’ gig. I never got to call a lot of the hardcore stuff. I don’t find it distasteful, I don’t find it bad. We’re supposed to have something for everybody, and AEW offers a variety of styles and presentations that fans are going to like. This is not a one-dimensional company.”

VIDEO

** The WWE on FOX YouTube channel uploaded a video with Paul “Triple H” Levesque talking about the beginning of the Evolution faction and how the group came to be:

** Jimmy Hart spoke with the media to promote WrestleMania 36. The video is from Jim Varsallone’s YouTube channel:

** Here’s the latest video from Asuka’s YouTube channel:

** Fight Network pushed out their documentary about Joey Ryan on the lead-up to Ryan’s match against Ken Shamrock at the recent IMPACT Wrestling TV tapings.

** Here’s the latest episode of WWE The Bump:

POST MOVIE REVIEW: Thor – Ragnarok (2017)
Wai Ting and Film & TV-industry veteran Daniel Perry review the seventeenth Marvel Cinematic Universe film, Thor: Ragnarok (2017).
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/12/post-movie-review-thor-ragnarok-2017/
RAR 11/11/19: Trick Me Baby One More Time

John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWE Raw featuring Lana’s secret. Plus, John provides a review of the NJPW Showdown in San Jose show from this past weekend.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/12/rar-11-11-19-trick-me-baby-one-more-time/
upNXT 11/11/19: EVOLVE 139 & 140 REVIEW
Davie Portman is back to chat all about this weekend’s two EVOLVE cards taking place from Queens and Brooklyn, New York. Davie is joined by John Siino to talk all about EVOLVE 139 and Jesse From The 6 to discuss EVOLVE 140.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/11/upnxt-11-11-19-evolve-139-140-review/
NJPW SHOWDOWN IN SAN JOSE POST SHOW
WH Park is joined by Australian wrestler Davis Storm for a special NJPW Showdown in San Jose POST Show covering Saturday’s card.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/10/njpw-showdown-in-san-jose-post-show-with-wh-park-davis-storm/
Thunderstruck #3: Jushin Liger vs. Rey Mysterio (12/29/96)
WH Park and Joey Bay take a look at a meeting of two masked wrestling legends as Jushin Liger does battle with Rey Mysterio Jr. at WCW’s Starrcade 1996 PPV from December 29, 1996.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/10/thunderstruck-3-jushin-liger-vs-rey-mysterio-jr-12-29-96-w-joey-bay/
AEW FULL GEAR POST SHOW
John Pollock & Wai Ting review AEW Full Gear headlined by Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho vs. Cody for the AEW Championship.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/10/aew-full-gear-post-show/
RASD 11/8/19: “Sasha Baron Corbin”, AEW Full Gear Preview
John Pollock and Wai Ting review Friday Night SmackDown from England as Baron Corbin delivers a scathing, poop and testicle-filled promo to Roman Reigns.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/09/rasd-11-8-19-sasha-baron-corbin-aew-full-gear-preview/

Browse the POST Wrestling Store
https://store.postwrestling.com

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
https://postwrestling.com/subscribe

POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube