POST SCHEDULE: Royal Rumble, AJW Dream Slam I, Friday Night LIVE

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/20/post-schedule-royal-rumble-ajw-dream-slam-i-friday-night-live/

It’s Royal Rumble week at POST Wrestling with plenty of coverage leading into and including Sunday’s card from Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas.

This week features the return of Wai Ting on Rewind-A-Raw joining John Pollock to chat the ‘go-home’ Raw heading into the Rumble. The two will also dive into all the news coming out of the weekend and a big preview of the week ahead.

On Tuesday, Rewind-A-Wai is back, and this week is going back to April 1993 at the Yokohama Arena for All Japan Women’s Dream Slam I event. This features an inter-promotional match with talent from AJW taking on talent from JWP, LLPW, and FMW. This was chosen by Espresso Executive Producer Chase Clause, who will join us to discuss this pick. We will also look at that week in professional wrestling in 1993 and play the Trivia Gauntlet. This show will be available to all members of the POST Wrestling Café.

The Café Hangout will not be airing on Thursday; however, we are going to be doing a LIVE show on Friday night. For this week only, Rewind-A-SmackDown will be live. Wai Ting will be covering Friday Night SmackDown and John Pollock will review the NWA ‘Hard Times’ pay-per-view. Then, the two will open the phone lines for the remainder of the show and preview the Worlds Collide and Royal Rumble cards.

The British Wrestling Experience is back on Friday with Martin Bushby returning to join Benno and Jamesie with a special edition. On this week’s show, they are looking back at the biggest matches and moments over the past decade of European wrestling.

Then, we go into the weekend where Braden Herrington & Davie Portman will have a Worlds Collide POST Show following Saturday’s show and then, it’s the Royal Rumble POST Show with John & Wai on Sunday. Double Double, Iced Capp & Espresso members of the Café will be able to watch/listen to the Royal Rumble POST Show on Sunday approximately 15 minutes after the pay-per-view ends.

Finally, WH Park’s guest on Thunderstruck is Martin Bushby and they will discuss the Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Shinjiro Otani match from March 17, 1996.

MONDAY
*Rewind-A-Raw with John Pollock & Wai Ting

TUESDAY
*Rewind-A-Wai #53 – AJW Dream Slam 1 from April ’93 (Patreon)

WEDNESDAY
*Rewind-A-Dynamite with John Pollock & Wai Ting
*upNXT with Braden Herrington & Davie Portman

FRIDAY

*Rewind-A-SmackDown & NWA Hard Times POST Show (Special LIVE show taking your calls, Patreon)
*British Wrestling Experience with Martin Bushby, Jamesie & Benno – Top Matches & Moments of the 2010s

SATURDAY
*Worlds Collide POST Show with Braden Herrington & Davie Portman

SUNDAY
*WWE Royal Rumble POST Show with John Pollock & Wai Ting (LIVE for Double Double, Iced Capp & Espresso Patrons)
*Thunderstruck with WH Park & guest Martin Bushby (Jushin Thunder vs Shinjiro Otani, 3/17/1996)

Join the POST Wrestling Café – access to all bonus shows and the full library of shows

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

1 Like

I think this is the first Rewind-A-Wai where I didn’t recognize a single name on the card without having to look them up first and when I did, I only recognized one (realized Terri Powers was Tori after Googling it). I look forward to getting an education on AJW this week!

I hope you guys review the other parts of the show this time. In your Review A Wai of the Dream Slam 1 you guys only did the second half of the show.

We’ll be reviewing the final 5 matches as chosen by Exec. Producer Chase Clause. If this was our only review of the week, I’d be happy to review all 6.5 hours of the show, but for our and our patrons’ sakes, we’re again keeping it to the most important matches of the card.

1 Like

Looks like a great week - thanks!