PostMarks Profiles

Out of curiosity, were you in person for those?

I was not at Money in the Bank much to my regret but I was at Takeover. That was magic.

2 Likes

Answering a couple more of the questions that have been added.

All time favorite promotion: NXT in the WWE Network era from 2014-2019. You can criticize WWE for their investment in the performance center when it produced so few home grown stars. But as a fan who cares! For five years NXT’s weekly hour long show was so easy to watch with characters easy to get invested in. Perfectly paced to lead up to the TakeOvers which were often the best shows of the year. Loved it.

Favorite faction: Degeneration X. My first faction honestly that I got to watch grow, win championships, turn heel and elevate their leader to the WWF championship. I can see how the felt annoying to fans who had been watching longer than me. But I loved their shtick.

Best show I’ve seen live: This is tough. I’ve been really blessed to see a lot of great shows. I’ve been to 3 wrestlemania’s. Multiple PPV’s and TV taping for multiple companies and some fun house shows. So it’s changed what my favorite show is over time. But today I think I’m going to say

NXT TakeOver Dallas 2016 which upstaged WrestleMania 32 with Sami vs Nakamura, Bayley vs Asuka and Alpha Academy vs The Revival.

What does my wife think: I’m very lucky that my wife is somewhat into it. She’s been to shows with me and will watch the big shows with me (although she is on her phone a lot). Her favorites are Randy Orton, John Cena, CM Punk, Finn Balor, Becky Lynch, Bayley and in AEW MJF.

2 Likes

I’ll hit the newest ones

All time favorite promotion: I’m far too old to answer this as its really more about eras, isn’t it? NXT in the Black & Gold era was about as good as it gets although late Rock & Wrestling era was pretty fantastic too.

Favorite faction: I guess The Corporation. I just think factions are better with heels and a numbers advantage. It’s the one that I was closest to watching during the time

Best show I’ve seen live: All In 2023 was history but the best match I’ve seen was Cena/Edge TLC Unforgiven 2007

What does my wife think: Not married anymore but partners over the year have run the gamut. Some find it endearing, some actually not very kind.

If I may add one:

First Heel you couldn’t help but cheer for: Mr Perfect for me

2 Likes

All time favorite promotion:

1. WWF 1987-91 (even though I watched it mostly on VHS after the fact)
  2. WCW 1996-01 (couldn’t tell you exactly when my interest tailed off, but I did keep watching to the bitter end)
  3. NXT circa 2014-17

Favorite faction: 1997 Hart Foundation

Best show I’ve seen live: Never been to a show that was anything special, but I was at the 1997 Raw (and Shotgun taping!) where Bret/Shawn fought backstage… not that we knew it live

What does my wife think: She tolerates as long as she also has a full phone battery. Also, a BIG fan of Rhea Ripley.

First Heel you couldn’t help but cheer for: 1994-95 Shawn Michaels (who I can’t stand watching now, it’s so evident that he’s an arrogant shit)

3 Likes

Ravishing Rick Rude…that guy was awesome. I wanted his tights with the Ultimate Warriors face on the arse

1 Like

This was my guy as well. lol! :laughing:

1 Like

All time favorite promotion:
From eras of my own fandom…
1 . WCW 1992 - 1994
2. WWF 1996 - 1998
3. AEW 2019 - present.

Favorite faction:
1997 Hart Foundation

Best show I’ve seen live:
Hard question. I’ve been to hundreds of indie shows, many with some very good moments. I was present for both the night after Survivor Series 1997 and the first ROH show without Gabe Booking - both had a very strange feeling in the air. But I guess for pure spectacle, Mania 18, simply for the insanity of Rock vs. Hogan.

What does my wife think: Not a fan.

First Heel you couldn’t help but cheer for: The Hollywood Blonds (Austin & Pillman)

3 Likes

I think it might have been Kane. He was so badass with the big fiery entrance.

1 Like

Drama… my brother says mine were actually 1991 Undertaker and Ric Flair. But I contend I was probably just copying him and my older cousins.

2 Likes

First heel for me was Savage

What era did you grow up with: Early '00s
Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye: Austin
Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more: CM Punk
Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward: R-Truth
What PPV have you watched more than any other: Full Gear 2021
What match was your first 5 Star classic: HBK-HHH SummerSlam 2002
Who’s your favourite wrestler today: Cody Rhodes
[/quote]

2 Likes

What era did you grow up with:

Attitude Era

Who was the wrestler who first caught your eye:

The Rock

Who was the wrestler who kept you coming back for more:

Eddie Guerrero

Who was the wrestler that made you Fast Forward:

JBL

What PPV have you watched more than any other:

NXT Takeover New York - funny story about this. I live in NYC and of course had tickets to Mania. A friend offered me tickets to this show at face value because someone had backed out. And I turned them down because of reasons that in hindsight were clearly not good enough to miss this epic show.

What match was your first 5 Star classic:

Andrade vs Johnny Gargano

Who’s your favourite wrestler today:

Roman Reigns

1 Like