Potential programming change for AEW on TNT tonight

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/10/09/potential-programming-change-for-aew-on-tnt-tonight/

The Major League Baseball playoffs could throw a curveball at AEW’s Dynamite program tonight.

TBS is set to carry back-to-back games starting with the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves game at 5 pm eastern followed by the Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Washington Nationals game at 8:37 pm.

If the Cardinals vs. Braves game goes past 8:37 pm, one of the games would be picked up on TNT and force AEW off. To alleviate this potential programming dilemma, TruTV will be airing AEW Dynamite from 8-10 pm eastern while TNT will air a replay at 10 pm.

This will not affect the live airing of AEW Dynamite in Canada, which will air on TSN 2 from 8-10 pm.

This would be horrible for AEW. Just when you think they might have a shot they get this curve ball for a stupid baseball game

1 Like

cardinals scored 10 runs in the first inning. is it likely the game will go longer than expected?

So AEW is moved to Tru TV?
This will be a good barometer of who is seeking it out.

Looks like the Cards wanna watch some Dynamite.

1 Like

Wont TNT still show AEW if the Cards/Braves ends before 8:37?

I don’t know :man_shrugging:
Is that think they go to TruTV for the entire airing to not interrupt it and then show the replay at 10. Otherwise starting the show and changing it 30 min in only to bring it back maybe 20 min later is weird.

Should go picture in picture lol. That’s the go to right?

Is TruTV a big channel over there? It sounds like one of those channels that shows reruns of Jerry Springer, Blind Date & Cheaters over and over.

1 Like

Even though the Cardinals are ahead 13-0, it could still go long if the Braves want to draw things out with a lot of pitcher changes.

1 Like

Oh no, the Braves got a run. Now they have hope.

Ratings win for NXT tonight

Ratings win for NXT tonight

There’s two and half innings to go, and an hour to play those. Will be close.

TruTV is owned by Turner and is mostly known by the target demo as being the 4th channel used for NCAA Basketball Tournament (with CBS, TBS and TNT). Doesn’t run sports for the most part otherwise but it is notable enough if anyone saw the release they’d understand what channel it is.

What’s the verdict? Is it showing on TNT?

Yes it is.

Did I see correct a graphic that said 7 million viewers WTF

Lol. I saw that

AEW had 7 million viewers?

That feels impossible. Though what do you think all viewers - international, streaming, watching it on tape delay/on demand, clips on YouTube. How many unique people do you think watch? If they did 1.4 live in the US I’d guess close to 2.5-2.7 total? No idea. No number would shock me.

It said something weird like 7 mil and counting

Makes me think they added everything separately. Preshow, YouTube, whatever else