PROGRESS Chapter 62: Fear No More, Come To Dust

It’s the 6th annual Royal Rumble Night Tradition! Past events have included Marty Scurll winning the PROGRESS World Championship, and epic matches such as last year’s Ringkampf vs. South Pacific Power Trip.

*PROGRESS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Travis Banks © vs. TK Cooper
*PROGRESS WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Toni Storm © vs. Millie McKenzie
*PROGRESS ATLAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: WALTER © vs. Timothy Thatcher
*NATURAL PROGRESSION SERIES QUARTER FINAL: Chris Ridgeway vs. Omari
*THREE WAY MATCH: Chris Brookes vs. Trent Seven vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
*Doug Williams vs. Morgan Webster
*Danny Jones & Mark Andrews vs. Jimmy Havoc & Mark Haskins (w/Vicky Haskins)
*Roy Johnson vs. William Eaver
PLUS: A pre-show match at 3:30pm

Lots of intrigue in the three title matches and among the undercard!

Banks/Cooper is the first Progress title match that I feel has put some actual backstory into it since Banks has won the title or at least a story that isn’t “Banks lost to him on his way to winning the title”. That’s not a complaint and I can see story come out of it so I’m happy. Banks wins and CCK will be involved in some form

I was picking Jinny winning the women’s title here but guessing that’s postponed until she’s recovered, although wouldn’t rule out her showing up as she did put up on the Fight Club show. Toni should retain here.

Walter/Thatcher should be incredible and I see Walter retaining.
Ridgeway/Omari could steal the show and like the guys said on BWE podcast, Ridgeway is the main pick to win this tournament as he’s custom made for Progress.
The 3 way should be a lot of fun and see this as a way of pushing Brookes to be more of a heel, I also see him going to challenge for the title again (3 way with Banks & Cooper) so he’ll win here.

I might be alone here but I’ve never seen that much in Morgan Webster and this whole story Progress are doing hasn’t made me care about him. Why is he already back? He just did the goodbye promo at Unboxing live, he’s barely been gone. If they were going to do this (maybe a heel turn after that video tease) then he should have cut a different type of promo. Webster to win I think

I like Havoc & Haskins as a team and I see this as a more storyline match with Eddie Dennis playing a role in this causing Andrews & Jones to lose. Jones feels completely lose in here as well, it’s a pretty random team.

I was a little surprised that Johnson & Eaver got on this show, talk about forgotten. I mean Eaver won the Progress title not long ago. I do hope both get a chance to show what they can do. Will pick Eaver to win this one.