PWTorch - Dean Ambrose Leaving WWE in April

Looool. Hey, Ambrose could totally pull off bald.

1 Like

for some weird reason, i’m kinda get this weird feeling that this is a work by WWE and that we all fell for it. In the history of WWE, i never really remember them ever acknowledging a news like this one as quickly as they did with this one. Maybe i’m wrong about this and this news is real and he’s leaving in april but i smell something fishy going on here and i wouldn’t be surprise if this is all a work and they give him a few months off only to repackage him again when he comes back.

3 Likes

I wonder if he knew Nia Jax was going to interrupt him beforehand… Someone not signing a new contract and WWE trying to embarrass them on their way out does seem like a very cuntish, WWE thing to do.

If him not signing a new contract is a work then it’d be a surprise as I can’t figure out what the purpose would be. How would that relate to the Nia Jax thing they did?

How about we make a bet - if he actually does leave WWE you leave this message board. If it’s a work I’ll leave.

#stakes

1 Like

So they gave the title to a guy who coasted and did the bare minimum. Cool.

Hasn’t he has the most matches in all of WWE over the past few years? How exactly is someone supposed to adapt to a character booked to come out in a gas mask and say fans smell bad?

You sound like a fucking moron.

1 Like

Most matches huh?..and yet I can only remember his match with Triple H at Roadblock being the only memorable one.

Steve Austin was trying to tell him to act like a top guy and he we didn’t get it.

Maybe he was just coasting because doesn’t have what it takes to be a top guy.

A top guy would’ve not just taken a shitty script and accepted it. Ifyendidnt like where his character was going…HE COULD’VE DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Plain and simple.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of the guy either but they fucked up his character. There’s only so much you can do with that material.

For some reason he was popular - why do you think they always stuck him with Roman - it was because he could consistently get babyface pops. This heel turn was completely botched, there is zero denying that.

He can leave and freshen up, nothing wrong with that. Look at Ziggler - he’s a complete zero now. Ambrose needs to learn a lesson from that.

Stuck him with Roman…was on Smackdown for majority of his singles run before injury.

There’s a reason why reigns and Rollins became bigger star and Ambrose always stayed at the same level for most of his single run. Reigns and Rollins took the material they gave them and spoke up when they didn’t like what they were given, Ambrose did nothing and coasted.

They gave him the wwe title and what did he do with it. Absolutely nothing. Austin tried to give him advice during his podcast and he never took it and stayed himself.

He keep the same lame gimmick for his whole single run without changing a thing, that’s on him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of Ambrose, but if you would ask anybody that follow wrestling or even work for WWE, out of the three shield members, which one stood out the less? Most people would name Ambrose because out of the three, he’s the only one that didn’t evolve, even during is current heel run, he had the chance to evolve the character and put more of himself in it and he was more comfortable doing the crap they Gave him instead of actually give some input and put more of himself in the character.

He was the champion and was overshadowed by James fucking Ellsworth.

Need I say more?

1 Like

Wasn’t that AJ that was overshadowed?

They had one moment with Ambrose where he could have been a big deal during his feud with HHH. But they decided to have the big coronation for Reigns (again), and we all know how that turned out.

I dont know why you guys take it personally when people decide to leave. How long have you guys been wrestling fans? Guys used to leave and start fresh all the time. It’s why everything is so stale in WWE all the time, this is a good thing for everyone.

1 Like

People who start going straight to the “u mad” “butthurt” route means you dont like what you’re hearing.

I don’t see anyone here being nothing but apathetic towards this. And saying “oh he gone? ok no biggie”.

Just rewatched the austin podcast,it wasnt bad it was embarrasing.Ambrose was like a little kid being lectured by the headmaster.
All in all quite pathetic from Dean

I once had a former WWE wrestler tell me there is a reason they call this a “business”. Make your money while you can and get out. If you’re not trying to make as much money as possible then you’re just a mark for yourself.

It’s kind of a sad point of view, and you’d hope the performers are motivated and have passion for wrestling, but it’s interesting and I think that attitude is reflected in some people on the roster who just do what they’re told, and then go home after the show.

End of the day…its a job.

All jobs should be treated as such, its a means to pay bills, put a roof over your head and food on the table…if its a job you enjoy doing, bonus.

This fantasy camp nonsense is such a foreign concept to me and screams of privilege, but that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

He’s at about the same point in his career that Jericho was when he opted for a hiatus in 2005. Jericho was away for 2 years. Perhaps Ambrose wants to enjoy the fruits of his labour for awhile. If nothing else, if he’s burned out and isn’t creatively fulfilled, the best way to solve that is to remove yourself from the product of you have the option to do so. If he’s still a free agent in 2 or 3 years, a return with a refreshed and refocused outlook could be all that is needed. Taking a page out if Jericho’s book isn’t the worst option.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Some people look VERY stupid in this thread after the Moxley and Jericho podcast - yikes.

3 Likes

By some people, you mean the ones who regularly look stupid.

5 Likes

@Rated_R_Poster :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: dead

2 Likes