Randy Orton signs multi-year extension with WWE

Originally published at Randy Orton signs multi-year extension with WWE

Randy Orton has signed a new deal with WWE eliminating any possibility of him leaving the company or exploring free agency.

The news of Orton’s re-signing was broken by Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com on Tuesday and confirmed by the company on the new WWE Backstage show on FS 1. The report stated that Orton’s new deal will keep him with WWE through 2024.

Orton, 39, began his professional wrestling career in 2000 and was quickly signed by the WWF and assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling in 2001.

Orton was called up the main roster in April 2002 after the initial brand split and assigned to SmackDown.

He hit his stride when he was attached to the Evolution group that saw Orton rise and become an Intercontinental champion in 2003 and later win his first world title in August 2004 when he defeated Chris Benoit.

Orton would become a top star with the company for the next decade-plus, always in a pushed role winning numerous world titles, a two-time Royal Rumble winner, and a Money in the Bank winner.

Orton sent out the following tweet regarding the news:

The 3 most dangerous letters in sports entertainment- #RKO
just re-signed with the 3 most dominant letters in sports entertainment- #WWE
Looking forward to pi$$ing off the #WWEUNIVERSE for at least 5 more years #WWEBACKSTAGE @FS1 @WWE

— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) November 6, 2019

1 Like

@MJfromNJ Your dream of Randy Orton to AEW is over.

1 Like

The 3 most destructive letters in Sports-Entertainment?

True. Because nobody else calls it Sports-Entertainment

3 Likes

Never believed that he would leave WWE but he probably made some bucks by flirting with AEW. A smart buisnessman with no drive for wrestling whatsoever!

1 Like

It was all a dream. I used read WWF Magazine. Vince and The Corporation up in the limousine
Hangin’ pictures on my wall
Every Monday Night Raw Rap Attack, Mr. Mac, Stunning Steve
I cheered with The Rock ‘til my tape popped
Smokin’ weed in ECDubb, sippin’ on Bubbly Bub
Way back, when I had the red and black Wolfpack
With the DX to match
Remember D O double GG? X Pac
You never thought that Wrestling would take it this far
Now Its in the limelight 'cause being on Fox is tight
Time to get paid, tease flipping to the Elite
Born entertainer, the opposite of a wrestler
Remember when He used to punt heads As a winner
Peace to Eddie G, Rowdy Rod
Orton getting paid like you thought He would
Call the E, same number, same hood
It’s all good

4 Likes

Please record this as a xmas special theme to Review-a-Raw!

I get that most people don’t like Randy, and I totally agree he’s a pretty boring wrestler. But as a character, he is great, especially as a heel.

I know we don’t really do factions anymore (outside of NXT) but put Orton as the lead of a new Evolution, with pretty much any 3-4 green wrestlers out there, and they would probably do alright. I know this isn’t saying much but ‘doing alright’ would be a huge improvement for: EC3, B-Team, H.Carrillo, J. Mahal, Mojo, Liv Morgan, Iconics, Apollo Crews…I could go on. Even Buddy Murphy, Aleister Black wouldnt do bad with a stint with Randy. The last 2 sure don’t need it in my eyes but in Vince’s eyes they may.

I think a lot of the IWC doesn’t like Randy. Whether heel or face, he’s still one of the most over talents to the fans in attendance. They see him as a star.

1 Like

Every time I tune in, he’s one of the only guys who consistently gets a big reaction.

And if you don’t know now you know

1 Like

BITCHES!!!

1 Like

I liked the Randy Revival faction that was building during the Kofi feud and thought is should have kept going.

2 Likes