Randy Orton was supposed to be 30th entrant in 2022 men's Royal Rumble, comments on Shane McMahon's WWE exit

Originally published at Randy Orton was supposed to be 30th entrant in 2022 men's Royal Rumble, comments on Shane McMahon's WWE exit

Orton comments on Shane McMahon’s exit from WWE.

The 2022 Royal Rumble event took place in St. Louis, Missouri which is current Raw Tag Team Champion Randy Orton’s billed hometown. Coming out of that event, it was confirmed by F4WOnline that Shane McMahon was no longer with WWE after appearing in the men’s Rumble match in the number 28 spot. PWInsider would later add that some believed Shane took the ‘brunt of the heat’ for the poor reception to the men’s Rumble as he was involved in the match layout.

BT Sport uploaded a video to their YouTube channel of Orton and Riddle playing a guessing game titled ‘Know Your Bro’. They were asked to guess which number each other entered the 2022 men’s Rumble match and Orton said he was supposed to be the 30th entrant. He also commented on Shane’s departure from WWE following that match.

Orton: These are pretty good because they are not impossible, but they are, you know…

Riddle: I know when you were supposed to enter and then somebody did…

Orton: Right. That’s like Shane McMahon got axed after that because of the whole… . Sorry Shane, love you man.

Riddle: I didn’t even remember what number I came in.

Orton: I think I was 29. I was supposed to be 30. I was supposed to be. I might have been 28…29.

Riddle and Orton successfully defended their Raw Tag Titles this past Monday on Raw and on 5/13, they’ll be appearing on Friday Night SmackDown to approach Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit BT Sport with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.