RASD 4/16/19: Superstar Shakeup Night 2, Roman Reigns to SD Live

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/04/17/rasd-4-16-19-superstar-shakeup-night-2-roman-reigns-to-sd-live/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown from Montreal, Quebec and the second night of the Superstar Shakeup.

On Tuesday’s show, the show built towards the announcement by Vince McMahon of the “biggest acquisition in the history of SmackDown”, a champion from Raw was moved over, Lars Sullivan ends a one-day run on Raw, Kairi Sane is called up from NXT, and Kevin Owens teamed up with Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods to face Rusev, Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro.

NEWS OF THE DAY:

• Raw’s viewership for the Superstar Shakeup, how it fared against the NBA playoffs and the comparison to the 2018 Superstar Shakeup
  • Update on Sasha Banks
  • Luke Harper requests his WWE release with a statement posted online
  • Alexander Wolfe posts a statement

Plus Café feedback, comments & questions from the POST Wrestling Forum.

NOTE: The Double Shot will be released Wednesday night for members of the POST Wrestling Café

**THIS WEEK ON THE PATREON DOUBLE SHOT**

• John Pollock and Wai Ting review Joey Janela’s Spring Break III Part 1 & 2 from WrestleMania Weekend, including the Clusterf*** battle royal on the second night.
  • Episode 147 of Being the Elite “Spellbound” with the announcement of CIMA signing with AEW, Cody and Matt Jackson find their librarian & more.
  • A review of Viceland’s new series Dark Side of the Ring discussing Episode 2 covering the Montreal Screwjob.

The Double Shot is available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons.

Rewind-A-SmackDown Theme by THE IDENTiTY CRiSiS
theidentitycrisis.com / youtube.com/theidc

Subscribe:
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss:
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support – The POST Wrestling Café:
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Merchandise:
https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

I had the choice between going to raw or smackdown this week and i decided to go to smackdown and boy did i make the right decision.

They started the night with heavy machinery vs gallows and anderson in a pretty good tag match. Got to say, heavy machinery are pretty over with the montreal crowd especially when otis did the catapillar.

I knew owens was over in montreal but i always forget how over he truly is and experience that pop is always something special.

Watching saxton reacting to the crowd chanting his name during the charlotte vs carmella match was priceless but i was distracted by watching a guy in front of me paying for a 5$ bottle of water with his change and the vendor starting to get impatient with him. It was a very funny sight.

The women’s segment was awesome and i don’t know if you could heard it on tv, but bayley was getting booed out of the building, they should really considered turning her heel.

Also, i’m thinking that finn is dropping the ic title on sunday since i don’t see wwe keeping both the ic and us title on raw. Plus it was fun to watch finn helping the ring crew take out the kevin owens show set during the first commercial break.

Finally, awesome final segment with McMahon, elias and reigns. Fans reacted big to the whole segment and i’m guessing we might get a short elias title reigns before roman gets the title around the time smackdown goes on fox since i don’t see kofi being champion by the time smackdown goes to fox and elias is pretty much the biggest heel on smackdown now.

Anyway, this was a awesome night and i was glad i pick smackdown over raw.

Is it really a surprise that Bayley got boo’d?
I took this as a response to her booking. On and off feuds with Sasha that never once paid off and ate up a year. A promise of a big tag run ends almost right away (especially when you consider they had practically no genuine tag matches). Now Bayley is moved to a new brand solo.

What part of any of this makes you want to cheer?
I attribute the boos to the booking failure. It at least shows she’s getting a response.