RASD 4/30/19: Who Attacked Jeff Hardy? Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Review

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/05/01/rasd-4-30-19-who-attacked-jeff-hardy-avengers-endgame-spoiler-review/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review Tuesday’s episode of WWE SmackDown from Columbus, Ohio.

This week’s episode saw the remaining participants revealed for the Men’s and Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder matches, The Hardys vacate the SmackDown tag titles, Jeff Hardy’s phantom attack by Lars Sullivan, the follow-up to the Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens program, Roman Reigns placed into a handicap match, Becky Lynch takes on Bayley in a non-title match & more.

Plus, at 01:01:00 John & Wai spend the final 45 minutes of the show reviewing Avengers: Endgame (spoilers inside).

NEWS OF THE DAY:

• Dana White says Brock Lesnar is retired, Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic verbally agree to summer rematch
  • Raw’s viewership plummets again to its lowest number of 2019
  • Kurt Angle talks about new contract and role with WWE
  • Anthony Carelli guest coaches at the WWE Performance Center
  • CM Punk’s schedule on May 25th
  • Next Triple Crown championship match announced

Plus Café feedback, comments & questions from the POST Wrestling Forum.

NOTE: The Double Shot will be released Wednesday night for members of the POST Wrestling Café

**THIS WEEK ON THE PATREON DOUBLE SHOT**

• A review of Viceland’s new series Dark Side of the Ring discussing Episode 4 covering The Last of the Von Erichs.
  • Full review of the NWA’s Crockett Cup show from Saturday feat. Nick Aldis vs. Marty Scurll and the Crockett Cup tag tournament.
  • Episode 149 of Being the Elite “We’re Not Young Like We Used To Be” with The Young Bucks training for Pentagon Jr. & Fenix, Kenny Omega’s spending spree, Hangman Page’s Full Gear Challenge problems & more.

The Double Shot is available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons.

Rewind-A-SmackDown Theme by THE IDENTiTY CRiSiS
theidentitycrisis.com / youtube.com/theidc

Subscribe:
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss:
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support – The POST Wrestling Café:
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Merchandise:
https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Anthony from Melbourne

Did not watch the show but that’s why I am here, after watching on a weekly basis since the early 2000s I am finally done. I can’t handle the over saturation of product anymore when most of it is utter garbage and I know when AEW launches I will not be able to keep up with both products anyway, so I’ll have to choose.

My new strategy like many, is to listen to you guys first and go back and watch the interesting parts. I held off on doing this in the past because I hate spoilers, but after falling asleep through last weeks smackdown to wake up to Owens heel turn, I realized spoiling the surprises isn’t that big of a deal anymore because they aren’t that great or surprising. The last REAL surprise I remember was when The Rock’s leg transformed from a women in high heels within a 3 minute add break. After that maybe Lesner’s return and loosing to John Cena in his first match (but that’s not the good kind of surprise).

You name the show who attacked Hardy? the old me would want to find out, avoid spoilers and watch the show but the reality is, it’s probably a re-packaged EC3 who just got drafted to smackdown for an unknown reason, who didn’t get over the first time around because his an average worker with great mic skills, so they made him a mute and gave him 3 matches but “it’s the talents fault they don’t get over”.

I could go on forever on topics you’ve already covered that infuriate me about the current product, women’s tag division? Lashey’s third person experience, etc. but the reality is I’m just over the main roster product.

Great End Game review

1 Like

(No Endgame spoilers in this post)
John’s glowing review of this movie surprises me. I fully expected him to enjoy the film but to call everything perfect and the best movie he’s ever seen goes beyond the general response I’ve heard of the film. I’m happy for John.

Haven’t seen the film myself, I’m burnt out on Marvel films from years ago. I ‘keep up’ with them by checking them out on Netflix periodically so I’ll get around to this one next year most likely.

As for Smackdown I agree with their review that this was just a 2 hour episode of Raw. Nothing good…nothing bad…just pure boredom. The worst week of WWE that I’ve experience since getting back into it like 3 years ago. Bad episodes are fun to mock…good or great episodes are obviously preferred…but this week was just nothing. I’ll take Christmas to New Years episodes of Raw and Smackdown over this week of programming any day.

Imgur

Create your meme.

When can we admit that Kofi as WWE champion sucks…?

Deus ex machina. I agreed with John’s 3 for sd live and everything Wai had to say about endgame. WWE tv has hit rock bottom for me and the MCU has peaked.

Sometime after they stop celebrating his title win like it just happened…

Regarding what happens after Endgame (fun review if the movie and your experiences by the way), there is another Disney+ series scheduled with Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Finally watched Endgame on the weekend so now I can finally listen to all of this review. And I avoided spoilers all this time.

2 Likes

And this was my second review I had to listen to.

1 Like

Smitty’s always great on those reviews. He’s an unabashed mark for these superhero flicks, & I dig it!

I was watching “Endgame” again today, and even knowing all the beats it still got me hyped! :100:

2 Likes

I didn’t tear up during Endgame but that Kevin Smith, he got me in the feels. I love his excitement.

1 Like