Referee Brian Hebner departs the NWA

Originally published at Referee Brian Hebner departs the NWA

Longtime pro wrestling referee Brian Hebner took to Twitter to announce the news that he’s departing the National Wrestling Alliance. Hebner has been working with the organization for several years, dating back to the NWA 70th Anniversary Show in the fall of 2018. Hebner thanked NWA owner Billy Corgan and the current Worlds Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis for believing in his abilities.

Want to thank @nwa and @Billy for a great few years of nothing but a great professional experience. I learned & grew so much as my job extended more than just refereeing. Want to REALLY thank @RealNickAldis who has never not believed in me and my abilities. Time to move on 🙏#123

— Brian Hebner (@babyhebner) January 3, 2021

Thank you to all you great wresting fans and just supporters of are sport. I will move on from @nwa and push forward. Find ways to do what I do and make a stamp. Thank you guys so much. 🙏 #123

— Brian Hebner (@babyhebner) January 4, 2021

Brian Hebner and his father Earl Hebner worked NWA 70th, the Crockett Cup and Into The Fire together.

The likes of Zicky Dice, Allysin Kay, Marti Belle and Ricky Starks have departed the NWA within the last year. Nick Aldis guest appeared on the Keepin It 100 with Konnan podcast and stated that Billy Corgan picked up an option in his contract to remain with the NWA and added that Powerrr is returning this year.