REPORT: Ace Steel no longer under contract with All Elite Wrestling

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/10/19/report-ace-steel-no-longer-under-contract-with-all-elite-wrestling/

Steel no longer under contract to AEW, per report.

Coming out of the reported physical altercation following All Out involving CM Punk, Ace Steel, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) and Kenny Omega, those in-ring talents had not been mentioned or shown on AEW programming until the 10/18 Dynamite.

According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline, Ace Steel is no longer signed to AEW. Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that Steel was released from the company.

In early September, F4WOnline provided additional details about the fight between the parties and noted that Steel threw a chair at Nick Jackson and then proceeded to bite Kenny Omega.

No one involved in the situation has commented publicly as of this writing.

Good. Provided the stories were true, there’s no way they should have kept an employee after he bit someone.

2 Likes

I think he threw a chair as well. While I agree he should be gone, at the same time he does seem like the easy fall guy. He’s the one person involved who doesn’t move the needle.

There was zero chance he would be enough back. He bit someone and he’s not that important.

I think the bigger question is how does this affect punk. Does he take a stand now that his friend has been fired? Does he start attacking Steel himself saying he caused all the problems similar to cabana?

You never know with Punk as friends. One minute he’s defending them and the other he is telling you details of their mothers bank account

2 Likes