Report: AEW Dynamite to air live on TSN in Canada

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/09/30/report-aew-dynamite-to-air-live-on-tsn-in-canada/

After months of speculation, All Elite Wrestling has secured a Canadian television deal will see their “Dynamite” program air live on Wednesday nights from 8-10 pm Eastern.

It was first reported by Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com that a deal between All Elite Wrestling and TSN in Canada had been reached. The news signals the return of professional wrestling to TSN, which had been the home of WWE programming until being dropped in 2006.

It was not said which TSN channel it will air on as the network operates five channels using the TSN banner.

After running Stampede Wrestling during its heyday, TSN began to air Raw in the mid-’90s and started airing it live on Monday nights in 1998 with a replay on Tuesday afternoons. The Tuesday replay was dropped in January 2000 due to complaints about the content airing in a 4 pm Eastern timeslot.

At the same time, they were carrying Raw during its peak, they also were carrying WCW Monday Nitro, which aired late Tuesday nights at Midnight and replayed on Wednesdays at 3 pm. They carried Monday Nitro until the promotion died in March 2001 with Raw always running in the Monday night slot unless there was a conflict with another sports property on the network.

In 2006, TSN moved away from professional wrestling and WWE Raw moved to The Score, which is now Sportsnet 360 and has the WWE’s programming rights through 2024.

AEW’s Dynamite program launches this Wednesday night at 8 pm from the Capital One Center in Washington, D.C. with the following matches announced:
*Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Chris Jericho & TBA (the partners will be revealed on Tuesday night during AEW’s countdown special on TNT)
*Riho vs. Nyla Rose to crown the first AEW women’s champion
*PAC vs. Hangman Page
*MJF vs. Brandon Cutler
*Cody vs. Sammy Guevara

POST Wrestling has reached out to officials at AEW and TSN for comment on the story.

3 Likes

Yaaaaay. Been refreshing Twitter all week for this news! It’s a great day!

1 Like

About damn time. Good for them getting on TSN.

2 Likes

So, for cord-cutters like myself… how reliable is the TSN app for live streaming?

WWE hasn’t been on TSN in 13 years

The TSN Turning Point.

You’d think they would promote the hell out of this, considering it debuts tomorrow. I havent seen a single thing on their website or on twitter. I almost dont even believe it, until I can actually find it and watch it.

1 Like

To be fair, I remember when they first stared airing RAW in '94, I only randomly happened to stumble upon it on a Tuesday afternoon at 5pm (a slot they didn’t normally have wrestling on in).

I have reached out to several people on both sides regarding the report.

2 Likes

considering how late this deal came, I’m glad it’s not on somewhere that we’d have to pay extra for like FiteTV or the BR App. I say we made out pretty good here in Canada eh?

Looking at my Guide and checking for AEW tomorrow. So where’s your best bet that they put it on?

Looks like it’ll be TSN1, 3, or 5. I think it’s great if they managed to get it on more than 1 TSN channel.

1 Like

Think it will be 3. Who gives a shit about bull riding?

1 Like

I’d guess it’s TSN 1 because of the UFC 243 Countdown on the other two channels.

I just don’t understand why there hasn’t been an official announcement from either party yet.

Are they just expecting people to randomly tune into TSN?

It’s a day away, lol. Just bizarre.