REPORT: Bobby Lashley legitimately injured, facing shoulder surgery

Originally published at REPORT: Bobby Lashley legitimately injured, facing shoulder surgery

Bobby Lashley sidelined with a shoulder injury, per report.

A new WWE Champion was crowned at Elimination Chamber in Saudi Arabia. Brock Lesnar won the title for the second time this year. During the match, now-former champion Bobby Lashley was inside his Chamber pod when Seth Rollins powerbombed Riddle through the pod.

Lashley had to be removed from the match and did not return. WWE sent out an update and noted that Lashley entered ‘concussion protocol’. Former WWE writer Kazeem Famuyide took to The Ringer Wrestling Podcast’s Elimination Chamber review show and stated that he has it on good authority that Lashley is legitimately injured.

He added that Lashley has been hurt since the Royal Rumble, where he defeated Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title. Famuyide said Lashley is facing shoulder surgery and is expected to be out of action for at least four months.

I have under good authority, I know we’re talking about , yeah. If you’ve noticed, he hasn’t worked any Raws, he hasn’t really defended his title.

He was shoot hurt at the Lesnar match at the Rumble and again, it was probably — I was wondering how they were gonna work him in there while being hurt and I’m assuming that this ‘concussion protocol’ thing is the way to get him out there and from what I’m told, it’s for at least four months, shoulder surgery. So, I’m hearing that he might not even make it to Mania unfortunately. I mean he’s a freak athlete so there’s a possibility that it’s different.

The last time that Lashley wrestled was at the Royal Rumble event. He has appeared on WWE TVs, but has not been physically involved in any matches. The 45-year-old Lashley was in the midst of his second run as WWE Champion.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the original source with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.