REPORT: Brian Pillman Jr.'s AEW deal expired, no longer with the company

Originally published at REPORT: Brian Pillman Jr.'s AEW deal expired, no longer with the company

Pillman Jr.’s time with AEW comes to an end. 

Brian Pillman Jr. is no longer listed on AEW’s roster page and following up on that, PWInsider reported that his deal expired. Pillman Jr. is no longer with the company.

He debuted for AEW as a part of their first Double or Nothing pay-per-view in 2019. He continued to appear for them while being contracted to MLW. 

In the summer of 2021, Pillman Jr. alongside Griff Garrison were signed full-time. 

Pillman Jr. is 29 years of age and he last wrestled for AEW in May. He wrestled on television on the February 3rd edition of Rampage.

I can’t believe they didn’t capitalize better on him coming off the heels of the dark side of the ring episode.

1 Like

He was kinda dead in the water after the MJF feud. He needs seasoning but he’s far from done.

Unfortunately, the time he had with MJF sort of didn’t do him much favors. I would love to see tho at an Impact Wrestling or going back to MLW.

Probably the best thing for him. He needs more ring time and wouldn’t be getting it in AEW

I think a good run in an Impact would do him wonders.

1 Like

I don’t disagree other than he is already 29. If he goes impact then what? Hit age 33 or so then try to break back in? Might be hard

I would prefer NJPW - bigger promotion and can make some money and potentially easier route to re integrate with AEW

Brian should go to WWE and go to NXT to get the old sayin “Seasoning”, + perfect age.

Even if he failed in WWE, it would increase he’s appeal including AEW.