REPORT: Cesaro's contract with WWE expires

Ah, welcome back @Bdubz! Can’t wait to read all you opinions in every AEW thread, despite never watching the product.

Good times ahead, I’m sure!

Do those car crashes draw ratings ? Do you think it’s a good thing to have your audience have go away heat with Brandi because they hate her and want her to go away because they think she’s a talentless hack who got her job because she’s having sex with Cody?

Is there any evidence either of these two were helping? Because I would make the case they were hurting by turning off some people who didn’t like seeing them all over their TV

1 Like

Glad you are happy to see me back. Don’t worry, I’m watching anything with Punk and MJF (as Punk is clearly in charge of his segments) and most Daniel Bryan stuff (although why they are trying to waste his good work by paring him with Moxley is beyond me). Both Bryan and Punk are churning out good pro-wrestling.

I then skip to all the car crash highlights like the now dearly departed Brandi/Cody segments, Jade talking segments, botches, etc. Even by skipping most of the actual wrestling it gives me more than enough to comment on the bewildering/nonsensical booking and (lack of) quality of the 85% of the show that doesn’t involve Bryan or Punk. :+1:t2:

I actually agree with you on the Mox thing, I have zero desire to see him do anything with Bryan.

1 Like

I don’t really watch AEW but catch some highlights. The Halloween show turned me off. Still end up seeing more than Raw and Smackdown combined though.

If you thought the Hallowe’en shenanigans was bad, you should have seen last Wednesday’s episode. They actually had Aleister Black acting as if he was going to behead his opponent with a shovel. That was until the lightning guy kindly acquiesced to Buddy Murphy’s request to turn the lights out for 30 seconds to allow him to make his way to the ring (possibly the laziest and most overused trope in AEW) to surprise only Black and a small hardcore part of the AEW audience (the rest and pretty much any potential casual viewer had no idea who he is) who in some of the corniest acting even by WWE standards acted like he was about to die before the lighting guy again kindly acquiesced this time to Aleister Black’s request to turn out the lights again.

Honestly, the cringiest, hokiest thing you can imagine. If that had been a WWE produced segment it would have been slaughtered.

Every week you have to pick through the steaming turd to find the odd gem like Bryan, Punk or MJF. It’s the most schizophrenic promotion I have ever seen. I swear this is the modern day The Producers and Tony is trying to make AEW a flop. You can’t deliberately book so much garbage when you have so much talent at your disposal.

1 Like

Man you take this shit way too fucking serious. So weird. A person needs to have serious, serious issues to subject themselves to something they seem to hate so much.

3 Likes

While @Bdubz definitely seems to have a hatred towards a lot of the AEW product, trust me, I get it as I used to debate him all the time……there is no need to make it personal. At the end of the day it’s just wrestling.

Imagine how silly it sounds saying “someone has issues” because they don’t like a certain restaurant you like, or a drink you enjoy, or a tv show you watch etc.

3 Likes

I never said he has issues because he dislikes something that I like. People can like and dislike whatever they want. I can even understand why a person would not like the in ring product. I think the stories are perfectly fine, but the in ring stuff in AEW can bring a lot of botches and guys standing around and lack of psychology. So i get having an issue and not enjoying that. I can look past the negatives and enjoy it. It entertains me.

But this fuckin guy comes here for years and he has shown a weird hatred with AEW. Its like Tony Khan or the Bucks or someone personally burned this dudes house down or something. Not only that, but he brings negativity to every single topic that he participates in. There is years of evidence showing this.

Ive been using the internet since the late 90s. The only people who do that are people with serious issues, or trolls, who also have serious issues. I dont like a lot of things. Take the Toronto Maple Leafs for example. I cant stand them or their fan base, so i dont watch their games or go on forums and bitch about them. Im also not weird though.

Yes but even you have to admit Austin Mathews is amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course hes a good player. I cant stand him though and John Tavares is a cancer. I dont care what anyone says. The Islanders got better when he left. I dont get winning vibes from that guy at all.

I was a bigger JT fan when he first came. Has not worked out as great. But I like our team so far.

I have seasons so just happy I can goto games again.

Just block him then.

I would never block anyone. Even if someone is a clown, i want to see all the discussion going on. Maybe he’ll post something decent some day.

Like reading my posts?

I’m just saying, don’t make it personal. If it gets you to that level of annoyance, blocking him is a better option.

1 Like

I dont hate you bro, I feel sorry for you that you could have so much hate in you, for a fuckin wrestling show.

I also do think its pretty hilarious and hope they continue to do what they are doing and piss you off even more.

You clearly didn’t read my post, as I explicitly stated that I watch to see the Bryan and Punk segments. The rest I know I shouldn’t watch but it’s in the so bad it is good category that you have to watch just to appreciate how bad it is.

You are delusional. Have you ever read your own posts? The hate and vitriol is palpable. My posts don’t contain any language that remotely suggests I have any emotional attachment to AEW. If anything, my only reaction is bemusement.

Yea, I like to swear and if someone is an idiot or a clown, I have no problem stating it. If that is hate, cool man. I’ll keep telling it like it is, you keep getting shook that this isnt an 80’s wrestling product and trying to troll on any topic you respond to.