REPORT: Charlotte Flair 'suspended' to get dental work done

Originally published at REPORT: Charlotte Flair 'suspended' to get dental work done

Closing out the 4/19 episode of Monday Night Raw was Charlotte Flair versus Asuka. Current Raw Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley interfered in the match which led to Asuka pinning Flair. Charlotte took her frustration out on referee Eddie Orengo and attacked him until the show went off the air. It was then announced that Flair was “suspended” and fined $100,000 for her actions.

talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy first stated on his Wrestling Daily show that Flair’s storyline suspension was so that she can get dental work done. F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer confirmed the story and stated that Flair is having dental surgery.

This past Monday was Flair’s first match since early March. She had previously been out of action after contracting COVID-19.

At WrestleMania 37, Rhea Ripley defeated Asuka to become Raw Women’s Champion and Charlotte is now a part of their feud.

Last month, Asuka underwent dental surgery after losing a tooth in a match with Shayna Baszler in February. Asuka is still wearing temporary teeth and her next appointment is scheduled for June.

A bit dramatic from Charlotte there going down the “OMG you’re criticising a woman’s body” route. Guess it’s the easiest way to get support on social media.

2 Likes

I like Dave…but I feel like when it comes to “stories” like this, just leave it alone. You want to say so and so is taking time off for personal reasons, sure. You’re playing with fire if you go into detail about this type of thing. Didn’t he burn bridges with Peyton Royce about this type of thing as well?

I’m not going to vilify Dave, but when you talk about a woman’s body on a radio show, you’re kind of fair game for criticism, especially if you’re going on hearsay from sources which is what Dave does.

2 Likes

I mean Dave is in the wrong here for guessing the reason behind her decisions instead of just reporting the news or talking to the person in question.