REPORT: Jimmy Havoc and Bea Priestley released from AEW

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/08/13/report-jimmy-havoc-and-bea-priestley-released-from-aew/

Sadie Gibbs took to social media earlier today and confirmed that she was let go from All Elite Wrestling and per a report from Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline, both Bea Priestley and Jimmy Havoc have been released from All Elite Wrestling as well.

Jimmy Havoc last appeared on the 6/11 edition of AEW Dynamite and a week after that appearance, Havoc’s name was brought up multiple times in the midst of the #SpeakingOut movement for emotional trauma, abusive behavior among several more allegations. AEW released a statement on the matter about Havoc, real name James Mcahren and noted that they were aware of the allegations against Havoc and added that he was going to receive treatment and counseling to overcome the challenges in his life.

“We wish Jimmy Havoc all the best as he receives treatment and counseling in an effort to overcome the mental health and substance abuse challenges in his life. We are aware of various reports related to Jimmy. We are evaluating his status with our company and will address it when he has successfully completed his rehabilitation.”

The former World of STARDOM Champion Bea Priestley last wrestled for AEW on the Dynamite before the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States. On that show, she ambushed the then-AEW Women’s World Champion Nyla Rose after she and Rose picked up a win in a tag match.

Out of the three, Havoc had the most matches for the company as Priestley had eight matches in AEW and Sadie Gibbs had three matches in the company.

Never nice to see these promotions cutting talent during a pandemic. I get the Havoc one with all the issues, but were the other two involved in anything scandalous? Or is it just cost cutting?

Cost cutting. Bea and Sadie are unable to get into the country, so it makes sense. Havok, well, we know his problems.

I mean, Havok was lucky they didn’t fire him after trying to stab / drunkenly attacked Excalibur at Jimmy’s Seafood. He’s been on thin ice for a while.

3 Likes

Havoc was a guy I’ve never been a fan of, the other two were barely used. No big losses

1 Like

Agreed, I expected that one earlier to be honest. The other two though surprised me as I didn’t think AEW would be cutting people right now.

1 Like