Report: Miro Unhappy in AEW

What’s the point of a match where you know the outcome? Like if there is literally zero chance, it’s not really something in modern time that I’m going to devote energy to watching.

I would rather that they put on competitive match between title contenders as a title eliminator that the champions versus a guy I’ve never heard of in a title match.

Like if they had booked it as

Mance vs Darby - Mance wins
Mance vs Ricky Stark - title eliminator (Mance wins, have BD invovled)

Mance vs Mox

I would get behind that.

Now we have two matches where we don’t know the outcome, and in the title match there’s at least a seed of doubt because he’s won twice before.

Instead of what we get out which is a random match on rampage - tune in tonight and see Mox beat up some loser you’ve never heard of in a title Eliminator

it because they’ve given that guy nothing at all in terms of any singles victories that no one will care about this being a serious title match

It was a way to get Mox on Rampage because the ratings have stunk recently. Warner also just came off a big win at the Flair show and had some buzz. I had no issue at all.

Do you wanna watch the Flair show? Like maybe 20,000 people?

I mean a great way to get your show canceled is to book for 20,000 people to watch

1 Like

Only the hardcores are watching Rampage so it’s exactly the type of match that should be on that show. Warner had some buzz after the win on the Flair show.

It’s not like this was a Dynamite or PPV match, it was an opening match on Rampage. And Mox is a reason for non hardcores to tune in

1 Like

Is the big problem with the match that it was called a “Title Eliminator” match?

All that means is that it’s a non-Title match. And if by some miracle he wins, he would have gotten a shot… Which seems fair in the context of any non title match.

I really feel like this situation has broken people’s brains over a nothing match.

The entire inclusion of the Flair show battle royal was simply to provide a tiny bit of reason as to why Mance would even get a match with Mox. It was a small Easter egg to fans who watched the Flair show or know GCW. They didn’t presume people watched it at all, and hence why it was shown.

It was just a fun way to have a cool random Moxley match on a random Rampage episode.

The way people are going on about this is that it feels like a PPV main event was handed out to an outsider.

3 Likes

We cannot defend every single decision that this company makes. I love this company too, but they need to be called out on their shit too, just like WWE does. I had no issue with Brody King earning a title shot in a battle royal. I have had no issue with other title eliminator matches, when they have included someone who is actually in the company.

You could have put any number of people who are on your roster, who dont get much time in this same spot. It is dumb as fuck. If they really wanted to put Warner of the show, he should have just won the battle royal and called out Moxley for a match or a fight or whatever. There was no need to insinuate that this guy would ever receive a title shot.

1 Like

I honestly don’t see the big deal in a Champion doing a TV match that’s essentially a glorified squash against a non-contracted talent.

I could name a bunch of things I don’t enjoy about AEW ahead of this. (Dan Lambert eating up TV time, Jake Hager being included in a Main Event stable, the on average terrible post-PPV TV followup episodes to terrific PPVs, etc)

I just find the crazy amount of blowback for this to be surprising.

Like, would the match have been better and more acceptable if they just announced Moxley as being in action on the show. People tune in and see it’s him vs Mance, and during commentary it’s stated that “of course if Mance wins, he’d be in line for a future Championship shot”, and then have JR laugh it off as being impossible? Commentary gives some mention of Mance’s past during the match - maybe even mention the battle royal win? Or is mentioning that too much for people?

Same outcome. Same match. Less complaining?

Back to the subject of the thread…
It would have never been Miro vs. Mox on TV.
Miro likely has a big main event run ahead of him in the coming years.
Miro is always featured as somebody special whenever he’s on TV, as since leaving Kip has always been looked at as serious.
He’s been given tons of promo time to show a side of himself he never got elsewhere.
When Miro appears on TV next time, he will be a big deal. I’m not sure what more he could want right now, other than to be winning squash matches instead of Mox?

3 Likes

Just take a look at the Rampage number, up quite a bit. So people can complain about title shots but putting Moxley on TV in a fresh match - which is all this was designed to be - seemed to work.

Personally I rarely watch rampage but went out of my way to watch that match.

2 Likes

Not wrong.

Was today Miro Day or something?

1 Like

With HHH in charge a lot of talent will wonder if they were better off in WWE.

What’s Ruby Soho doing other than drawing low Rampage ratings ? Or Malaki Black?

Black has definitely been underutilized. Never should have lost to Cody and should have been pushed to world title level back then.

Apparently Vince just didn’t get him so I think he would thrive under HHH creative. Only problem is he is supposedly signed till 2027.

Just saw something from black about his back being seriously injured this year to the point he thought he’d retire.

Could explain the odd booking with him.

1 Like

Ugh

I really want to like ruby more than I do and then the bell rings…

Seems like some people are really hung up on it being called a title eliminator. I would be interested to see if that is just what they call a non-title singles match with the champion. Honestly I don’t want to see “deserving guys” in title eliminator matches. Like if I’m ranked first why do I need to beat the champion twice to win the title? Once to get a shot and again to win the title. That seems way worse than essentially stating that id you beat the champion you get a title shot no matter who you are, because that should always be true.

As for Miro who knows, AEW has a bit of an issue with having too much talent so if guys want to be used regularly it isn’t happening unless they are a select few guys.

1 Like

Oh the total opposite @RaceyJaycee I agree with the vast majority of what you said and you laid it out very well. hence, “not wrong”

Don’t leave. I enjoyed somebody posting thoughtful arguments of their position that isn’t group think and honeymoon drunk.

Nothing that I laugh at more than the news story of the day that’s rooted purely in rumor and innuendo. (Ppl love that shit, because it’s utterly mindless and meaningless while the hard stuff is, well, hard).

1 Like

No please stay!

Breaking news! Ricky Starks wants out of AEW.
i-kid-triump-the-insult-dog