REPORT: Naomi moved to WWE SmackDown

Originally published at REPORT: Naomi moved to WWE SmackDown

The former two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion is back on the blue brand.

Naomi was one of the participants in the 2021 women’s Money In The Bank Ladder match. Dating back to October of 2020, Naomi had been a part of the Raw brand but according to PWInsider, Naomi was quietly moved over to SmackDown and will be a part of WWE’s Friday night programming going forward.

Naomi was last a part of SmackDown in August of 2020. She lost to Sasha Banks and defeated then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley on the same night.

She did not return until the 2021 women’s Royal Rumble match because during that stretch between August and January, she underwent surgery.

Naomi is joining a SmackDown Women’s division that includes the champion Bianca Belair, Bayley who is out with a torn ACL, Carmella, Liv Morgan, Sasha Banks, Tegan Nox, Shotzi, Zelina Vega along with WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Natalya and Tamina.

I figured this would happen, and I’m glad. She could definitely add a new layer to “the family” storyline.

She was floundering on Raw, only so much “feel the glow” can do for you. I hope they use this as an opportunity for her to evolve her character as she’s gotten so stale.

Probably also a good idea that she’s on the same brand as her husband, now that they’re on the road again. Likely an attempt to help keep him on the straight and narrow.

3 Likes

Which in all honesty isn’t her job to do so. Jimmy is a grown ass man and it shouldn’t be the wife’s job to babysit his own bad choices.

I hope Naomi gets the strong push going forward on SmackDown. A great talent that should be promoted much strongly than her terrible run on RAW.

2 Likes

Believe me, I agree that it’s not her job to do that.

I feel that this is the company’s most progressive attempt to help him in their mind. They sure as hell aren’t doing anything else as far as anybody can tell.

She was on raw?

1 Like

If they decide to give her a strong push, I do hope she improves a bit in ring. She’s not bad by any stretch, but I’ve always found her offense very soft, and it sometimes feels more like “dance”.

She seems like a great person in real life, so if she can freshen up her character and be a bit stiffer in the ring, Im all for a push. But if we are going to get the exact same Naomi we have gotten for the past few years, I have no desire to see that.

If you slow down her theme music to 0.5 speed, you can have a nice heel psycho entrance.

2 Likes

Its actually pretty bad ass

This actually opens up some cool story opportunity. You can have Roman talk down to Naomi which begins to conflict Jimmy, and when it goes too far (I don’t mean abuse, just him being an ass) you can have Jimmy stand up to her leading to issues between Jay and a Jimmy. I really do hope they give her a bit more of an edge.