Report: Paige will not be cleared for WWE in-ring return

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/01/12/report-paige-will-not-be-cleared-for-wwe-in-ring-return/

The career of Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis) inside of a WWE ring appears to be over, according to a report from Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com.

Johnson reported late Friday afternoon that Paige was informed this past Monday, at the Raw tapings in Memphis, Tennessee that she would not be cleared by the company. This stems from her latest injury she sustained at a recent house show.

A six-woman tag was stopped abruptly on December 27th following a strike to the back of Paige by Sasha Banks, which led to Paige unable to continue in the match and the referee called for the bell. It was reported that night that although a stretcher was brought to the ring, Paige was able to get to the backstage area on her own.

Paige had neck surgery in October 2016 and only recently returned this past November.

In Johnson’s report, it was compared to Adam Copeland’s problems that led to the WWE refusing to clear him in 2011 and his subsequent retirement.

We will have much more on this huge story over the weekend.

This is some shitty news. She just got back. Been a fan since the start.

2 Likes

More of a reason to hate Sasha Banks…

Don’t say it was an accident either. I’ve heard that excuse so much. She blasted her in the back of the neck

God bless you Paige. Karma will hit Sasha square in her horse face sooner or later.

This is certainly some sad news. That poor girl can’t win for trying. I was rooting for her redemption. I hope everything works out for her in the end.

Never been a massive fan of Paige, but it is always horrible to hear news of career ending injuries. Especially said considering that she is only in her mid-twenties. I’m sure that she will be successful outside of the ring.

Even if she can’t wrestle, I think she has a great presence and could be an on-air character doing something…if she wants to that is.

1 Like

Great comments on this by Storm & Cyrus on Killing the Town last week. Stupid bump to take, especially w/ a bad neck.

only 25

Stupid spots and reckless workers these days.

Until this is confirm by WWE which is hasn’t been as of now, I treat this news,like anything being reported in dirt sheet like pwinsider, as a rumor. The fact is, we don’t know what going on right now because WWE hasn’t publicly sent a statement about this story. So until this happens, Let’s wait to put blame on anybody and just hope for the best.

Gosh that’s gotta be so devastating at her age. I can’t even begin to imagine how that feels.

What a shitty, fucked up thing to say. You’re suggesting - with less than no knowledge of what you’re talking about - that Sasha, at best, was unprofessional, and at worst assaulted her.

Maybe you should figure out what you’re talking about before spouting such bullshit.

4 Likes

Mike Johnson is reporting that Paige has been told she can’t wrestle again

In a situation described as similar to WWE Hall of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland’s medical disqualification from the ring, WWE star Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis, 25 years old) was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring after her most recent in-ring injury, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. It is believed Paige was given the news at the Raw taping this past Monday. We have been told by multiple sources she is “done” as an in-ring wrestler.

Pwinsider

Sad I don’t know what else to say

Can we just have her be the Manager for the two other girls?

Very sad. I hope she can cope with this.

Listen to the interview she did on Chasing glory with Lilian Garcia one month ago if you haven’t yet

Christ…

giphy

Just saw this on Twitter. Awful news.

Talk about not catching a break. Hope she can get out of this one.

sad, still hoping that it isn’t true but if it is, it’S a huge lost for the division. Anyway, let’s wait until WWE confirms it before being sad about it.

Anyway if this is true, the question is, do you give her the time on Raw next week to announce it herself and give her the same type of send off that Daniel Bryan and edge had or you just mention it on the website?

Personally, i hope that they make a big deal out of this and let her retired in front of the fans, she deserve to get a proper send off for everything she did for the women’S division and for everything she went through last year alone.

Terrible news! At only 25 too!