REPORT: Ricky Starks out of action with a neck injury

Originally published at REPORT: Ricky Starks out of action with a neck injury

AEW’s Ricky Starks is going to be out of action for the next several months with a neck injury. The news was first reported by Voices of Wrestling via their Patreon and then confirmed by F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez.

Starks suffered a fractured neck and that injury occurred during his match against Hangman Adam Page on the April 21st Dynamite. That was Starks’ most recent match that he was active in. He has been appearing on Dynamite in on-screen segments with the remainder of Team Taz (Brian Cage, Powerhouse Hobbs, Hook & Taz).

Cody Rhodes took to social media and tweeted out that Starks is going to be a champion one day as the news began to make the rounds about Starks’ injury.

The Starkman will be champion one day – I’d bet it all on that

— Cody (@CodyRhodes) May 11, 2021

AEW is inching closer to their Double Or Nothing pay-per-view on May 30th. As of this writing, scheduled for the show is Britt Baker challenging Hikaru Shida for the Women’s World Championship.

On the 5/12 Dynamite, PAC will meet Orange Cassidy in singles competition to determine who will challenge Kenny Omega for the AEW World Title at the pay-per-view.

The botched bump with Page was truly scary, so I can totally understand the injury. Glad it wasn’t worse.

He’s going to be a star when he’s back, and I could see a major Babyface run once he returns.

Thats a shame. By far one of the most talented fellas on the roster. I hope he recovers 100 procent

Yeah a babyface Starks could be massive. The guy has all the tools to be a huge star

2 Likes