REPORT: WrestleMania 37 moved back from its original date, set for 4/11

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/01/15/report-wrestlemania-37-moved-back-from-its-original-date-set-for-4-11/

WrestleMania 37 is expected to take place two weeks after its originally advertised date, according to a report from Fightful Select’s Sean Ross Sapp.

The WWE’s annual event was originally targeted for Sunday, March 28th but Fightful is reporting that the new date listed is Sunday, April 11th. POST Wrestling confirmed the new internal date listed with a source at WWE.

Prior to the pandemic, WrestleMania 37 was announced for SoFi Stadium in California, although it is no longer expected to take place at that venue. The company has yet to formally announce the location of WrestleMania or the new date.

Last year’s show was broken up into two nights and shot at the WWE Performance Center just weeks after the shutdown due to the pandemic.

In a trivia note, the 2021 version of WrestleMania would become the latest that WWE has staged the show with the April 11th date.

1 Like

I’m very curious how live event attendance evolves in 2021. Thinking out loud, could we see attendance at greater than 10-15% pre-Covid capacity in the summer or fall if attendees are required to produce proof of vaccination? It’s an odd thing and an odd time, but such requirements could both make conditions safer for everyone and serve to promote vaccine uptake.

It’s tricky bc the vaccine to be fully effective is about two weeks after dose two. Some immunity before then of course but where do you draw line?

I have yet to see anyone impose a vaccine requirement but it stands to reason at some point we will.

Would be interesting to know with target groups being HCW and the elderly right now how many are WWE fans

1 Like

Sorry - I would draw the line at having had both doses, yes. And certainly not in the realm of possibility before summer to a meaningful degree.

1 Like