REPORT: WWE Raw hits all-time low viewership with 1.47 million

Originally published at REPORT: WWE Raw hits all-time low viewership with 1.47 million

Coming off the 4th of July weekend, WWE Raw registered its lowest overall viewership figure this week.

Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics reports that the three-hour program averaged 1,472,000 viewers on the USA Network. The show did 536,000 viewers in the 18-49 demographic that is virtually identical to last week’s demo figure of 0.41.

The previous low for Raw occurred on December 14, 2020, when it averaged 1,527,000 viewers going against a Monday Night Football game that did 12,422,000 viewers. That week’s show did 530,000 viewers in 18-49, so this week’s audience didn’t fall below that figure.

Thurston added a clarification that there may have been an episode in September 1993 that did fewer viewers, although we only know the number of homes that watched Raw that night, not the average viewership.

This week’s episode of Raw didn’t face competition from the NBA but did go against Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final between Tampa Bay and Montreal.

Last year’s episode of Raw coming off the holiday weekend averaged 1,687,000 viewers and 0.49 in the 18-49 demo on July 6, 2020. This was when Raw was being filmed at the WWE Performance Center.

In Canada, Raw averaged 151,000 viewers and 79,300 in the 25-54 demographic on Sportsnet 360.

Just wait till this fall when the NFL is back. This show is pathetic and the audience is tuning away in droves

I think they can go lower.

2 Likes

Fans will definitely help, but they need to cut that third hour. Not suprised, it’s such a hard watch, especially live. I would never watch this show live, you couldn’t pay me to do it.

1 Like

10 years and some billion dollar contracts later, and people still bring up cutting the third hour. They are a content making machine, they do not care, cuz their financials tell them they’re doing a good job.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying, but its a short sided way of looking at it (not you, the company) as there is a law of diminishing returns here. The longer they have the 3rd hour, the more unwatchable the show becomes. The more unwatchable the show becomes, the lower the ratings become, the lower the ratings become the less they are going to get from networks on the next contract, or two contracts from now, 3 contracts from now etc.

I dont think a lot of fans want to watch just 2 of the 3 hours, its either all or nothing. Even if they made the first hour different (ie. a pre show), I think while that first hour may suck, it would help hours 2 and 3 significantly as they would be burning through rematches as quickly. Either way, the current incarnation of the show is one that is trending downwards, and they need to do something or else at some point they will have a serious problem. I dont care how much “content” they want to produce, the trends dont lie. I’m not going to sit here and act like it will be tomorrow, it wont. It may be 5 years from now, but something has to change.