REWIND-A-DYNAMITE 12/11/19: Texas Street Fight, AEW’s next PPV

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/12/rewind-a-dynamite-12-11-19-texas-street-fight-aews-next-ppv/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review AEW Dynamite featuring a Texas Street Fight.

Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite featured a Texas Street Fight between the Young Bucks against Santana & Ortiz with the winners receiving a tag title match on next week’s show.

Plus, Cody teams with QT Marshall against The Butcher & The Blade, Kenny Omega & Hangman Page face Shawn Spears & Kip Sabian, MJF responds to Cody’s challenge, Chris Jericho builds up his match with Jungle Boy for Corpus Christi and the announcement of their next pay-per-view.

NEWS OF THE DAY

• WWE ratings for Raw, Backstage & the season finale of Total Divas
  • Robert Roode and Primo Colon suspended for Wellness Policy violations
  • AEW announces its next pay-per-view for Saturday, Feb. 29th

Plus, our weekly POST Wrestling Store t-shirt giveaway and your feedback, comments, and questions from the POST Wrestling Forum.

Photos Courtesy: AEW

Rewind-A-Dynamite Theme by Jacob Chesnut

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support us on Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café: http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

On the recent edition of AEW Dark they did a segment with Big Swole talking about her struggles with Crohn’s disease. It’s one of the most emotional things I’ve ever watched in pro wrestling. I have my struggles with a few different autoimmune diseases and I have a close friend that is battling with Crohn’s so it brought me to tears because of how relatable her story is. I felt like they really missed an opportunity not showing it on Dynamite, but I would recommend anyone that didn’t watch the recent edition of Dark to go back and seek out that segment.

1 Like

Is QT Marshall’s name actually pronounced the way John and Wai were saying it? This is the first time I’ve ever seen him and I didn’t notice the broadcasters saying it that way.

When he was in ROH I remember them pronouncing it like John and Wai did in the.review.

Agreed on the Big Swole segment from Dark. I know it’s mainly AEW’s fault for how they distribute these segments between TV and the Internet, and I also know John & Wai only have so much time to devote to wrestling, but they really ought to keep abreast of what is aired on Dark. Not just promo segments (such as the From Undesirable to Undeniable segments), but also the matches, since those still count to wrestlers’ overall records. The most recent Dark (matches taped last week in Champaign) included Reynolds & Silver in action, losing to Luchasaurus & Marko Stunt, which may have been the first tag team victory for Jurassic Express.

Just my opinion here, but I think it’s a great strategy to use multiple platforms to tell a story. You have a t.v. show, a few youtube shows, and other outlets at your disposal. You’d be stupid not to use these outlets.

Except it is not a great strategy because viewership for you tube is so much lower. It would be ok for some side stuff but it feels like most of their character building and story happens there. So some extra promos or bonus video stuff is fine, but when there is basically nothing on TV it feels like they are trying to force people to watch everything and most people won’t

1 Like

I watch both Dark and Dynamite and do believe that them showing certain segments from Dark on Dynamite would be great for some of these characters. I heard a lot of Big Swole chants on the show last night and I can guarantee you those chants were coming from the people that saw that segment on Dark.

Just listened to the show. I think Wai is right to complain about the #4 and #5 women getting a number one contenders match. I mean why bother with rankings if they don’t really matter. At least with Bucks vs Proud and Powerful they were ranked 1 and 2 going into dynamite so the winner getting a title shot makes sense. But for the women why do Baker and Statlander jump over Sakura and Shida (#2 Nyla is suspended so that makes sense). I mean Sakura lost so she will likely drop but that happened after this match was announced. Yes Statlander beat Shida, but Shida best Baker, so why does she get the chance? This just feels like they will hotshot Statlander into a title match as we’ve already seen Baker lose to Riho.

1 Like