Rewind-A-Dynamite 6/10/20: “Beaten to a Bloody Pulp”

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/06/11/rewind-a-dynamite-6-10-20-beaten-to-a-bloody-pulp/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review AEW Dynamite featuring Cody vs. Marq Quen for the TNT championship.

On Wednesday’s show, Chris Jericho returned to commentary and later was involved in a big beatdown angle. Plus, The Inner Circle takes on Best Friends & Orange Cassidy, Colt Cabana’s slide continues, the debut of FTR against The Butcher & The Blade and another interaction with The Young Bucks, Hikaru Shida & Kris Statlander take on Nyla Rose & Penelope Ford, an update on Darby Allin, the return of several missing faces and Joey Janela has been drinking.

NEWS OF THE DAY

• Johnny Walker Mr. Wrestling II passes away
  • New Japan releases its guidelines for COVID-19 prevention at the upcoming events
  • Raw ratings from Monday night
  • MLW signs distribution deal with DAZN
  • Tessa Blanchard advertised by Impact Wrestling for a return at Slammiversary in a five-way match
  • UFC 251 and three other cards set for Yas Island in Abu Dhabi in July
  • Trilogy fight between Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier is set for August

Plus your feedback, comments, questions from the POST Wrestling Forum, and our weekly Patreon T-Shirt Giveaway.

Check out the brand new Rocky Maivia Picture Show and POST Puroresu t-shirts at store.postwrestling.com

Photo Courtesy: AEW

Rewind-A-Dynamite Theme by Jacob Chesnut

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support us on Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café: http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

MJF was referencing Billy Gunn getting his other son a job just like he did with Austin.

Surprised the feedback was so positive for this episode. I’m with Jon, in that this episode of Dynamite was lackluster. The only portions which held my attention were the women’s tag and Moxley. And unlike Jon, I found Jericho to be annoying, so much so that his commentary really turned me off of the first hour.

Perhaps I am just not a typical Post wrestling viewer, but at best I’d give this episode a 5 on the 1-10 scale used here.

Viewership numbers will be really interesting for this week. Last week AEW barely had more viewers than NXT. I have not watched NXT this week (I’ve given up on it since the USA move has made it too much like the typical WWE fare), but I do wonder if this is the week that NXT outdraws AEW.

It seems the truly Live editions not the taped ones have done very well.

I’m convinced the numbers day of no longer matter and they are getting 1M+ viewers each week in the T+3 rating. Wouldn’t be surprised Higher in the T+7

Live vs. Taped means nothing - I would imagine 90% of the audience would have no idea when last night’s show was done or that next week’s is being taped today. Same for WWE, who had no difference this week and they taped on Monday.

AEW does well with DVR figures but those always have the caveat among advertisers that the DVR viewers aren’t sitting through ads at the rate a live viewer will and therefore, its value is diminished.

Two weeks ago, +3 numbers brought AEW up to 1,033,000 and NXT to 837,000.

3 Likes

A bit of anecdotal speculation, but would the +3 and +7 numbers be a reflection of the age demographic? I’m basing this off of how my mother uses a DVR vs. My nephew

1 Like

That would be my (reasonable) guess. And @johnpollock’s point is spot on. Advertisers are more interested in the live numbers (even though probably more than half the live audience don’t watch them).

1 Like

So technically speaking, it would be Les Sex Gods, but Sex Gods isn’t french either so it adds to the absurdity.

Les Dieux du Sexe if we want to get what they should be.

1 Like

Thanks John!
I wasn’t able to find T+ numbers for a long time. Of course the numbers have different impact for advertisers; I was speaking to the numbers we get as part of the “Wednesday night war weekly ratings”. Fans who care about the ratings probably never see the full T+ numbers.

The Live comment was going off the previous few weeks where’s their Live edition seemed to be beating NXT by a wider spread than the taped edition and the numbers seemed better when they got to Daily’s Place. That post DoN number being the strongest which maybe is the outlier.