Rewind-A-Dynamite 7/8/20: AEW Fyter Fest Part 2, WWE 365 Ricochet

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/09/rewind-a-dynamite-7-8-20-aew-fyter-fest-part-2-wwe-365-ricochet/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock and Wai Ting review AEW Fyter Fest Part 2 featuring Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy, plus a rundown of the news including Matt Riddle’s video statement, WWE ratings, and a review of WWE 365: Ricochet.

NEWS OF THE DAY

• Matt Riddle posts a video denying allegations of sexual assault and sexual abuse
  • More information comes out regarding Hana Kimura on Terrace House
  • WWE Raw and Friday Night SmackDown ratings
  • Fighters & others flagged by UFC prior to Abu Dhabi cards

Week 2 of Fyter Fest was headlined by Chris Jericho taking on Orange Cassidy to counter NXT’s Double Title Match. Plus, The Young Bucks & FTR team against The Lucha Bros., The Butcher & The Blade, Kenny Omega & Hangman Page defend the AEW tag titles against Private Party, Lance Archer takes on Joey Janela, Big Swole is ejected from the building, Nyla Rose has a message, another championship is introduced, and match announcements for next week’s Fight for the Fallen.

Plus, a review of WWE 365: Ricochet.

Plus your feedback, comments, questions from the POST Wrestling Forum, and our weekly Patreon T-Shirt Giveaway.

Photo Courtesy: AEW

Rewind-A-Dynamite Theme by Jacob Chesnut

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support us on Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café: http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

I’d like to retract my statement about AEW being just another episode of dynamite. I think trying to watch both shows at the same time took away from the products. Better off just focusing on one.

I’m not going to lie, I was upset that Orange Cassidy didn’t beat Jericho. But I guess if Jericho is going to do something with Tyson soon, he shouldn’t be losing to Cassidy.

I didn’t mind it. I felt that it was one of those performances where the young up and comer gave everything he had, but just came up short (like a Rocky 1 story). I actually think him loosing may do more then if he won, especially if there is a rematch that he eventually wins.

Yeah totally understandable and my only argument against that would be, we have seen Jericho go toe to toe with a young up and comer before(Jungle Boy, Darby Allin, Scorpio Sky, maybe even Hangman Page) and I feel that one time the rookie needs to go over on the veteran. But it’s a very small problem I have with this amazing match. I was hooked to the very end.

1 Like

But in that case is Cassidy the guy to do that for? Is he going to ride into title contention? I think you want to save the “up and comer” gets the win moment for a guy you want to elevate to the next level. So is OC that guy? Do you want a Cassidy vs Moxley headlining match? Or Cody? Or Cage? I think the hard fought loss puts him in a position where you need to take him seriously when he is in a feud but don’t need to push him up the card. I will say that eventually OC does have to win one of these matches (lost to PAC and Jericho. If say he moves on to an MJF/Archer etc feud to lose again I think he loses steam.)

I guess that’s what I was thinking while watching this match, that OC wins and we get a more serious version of him in matches. But I guess he can do that against a lower guy on the card instead of the first ever AEW champ and legend Chris Jericho.

I mean we already get a more serious version of him in his “serious matches”. I think if he were doing that all the time he would burn out interest in him. I do want him to pick up wins, but I could only have seen him beating Jericho with a roll up, which I think just continues this feud.

1 Like

Loved your review of Ricochet 365 because that’s exactly what I felt when watching it. You took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like

I was surprised John didn’t like the Taz segment, I mentioned this on the Observer board when Meltzer didn’t like the segment either, I saw MVP bring out a title on Raw, I saw Moose do it on Impact, not once during the Taz segment did I think about the first 2. Also I enjoyed this Photoshop from Twitter
Ecc_xaAUEAAo0RK

1 Like