REWIND-A-RAW 1/22/18: RAW 25th Anniversary Special

– Enzo Amore was originally scheduled to appear on Raw before the rape allegations against him broke. The charges led to WWE releasing Amore from his contract on Tuesday, but PWInsider reports that as of earlier in the day yesterday Amore was scheduled to work a match against Goldust during the third hour of the show from the Barclays Center.

The site reports that the match would have led to the Dudley Boyz coming out and getting involved after Enzo’s “Zo-Train” attacked Goldust and Cedric Alexander, which would have led to the Dudleys putting one of Team Enzo through a table. Once Amore was removed from the show, WWE rewrote the segment to be Titus O’Neil & Apollo Crews vs. Heath Slater & Rhyno with the Dudleys putting Slater through a table. The re-write was done by 7 PM ET.

As a result of the rewrite, Goldust and Alexander were removed from Raw plans and the Zo-Train were sent to work possible dark matches at the Manhattan Center.

So it’s all Enzo’s fault…people who were at the Manhattan center should sue him for their refund. :laughing:

Exactly my feelings i feel that show would be getting a lot better reviews not like the best raw ever or anything but average to above average reviews. if the opening was the ending.

The only reason i can think of why they didn’t do that is typically the third hour drops no matter what so they wanted to get the most eyeballs on Austin.

Also i guess this show is the argument why you don’t announce big stars ahead of time leads to fans way overthinking things and gets our hopes up