Rewind-A-Raw 10/19/20: The Episode from Hell

1 Like

Yeah this is a general WWE problem. They have a quite old roster.

I was watching Damian Priest’s interview on the Bump. He seemed genuinely happy and he was talking about the freedom that he had when building his character. Triple H let him choose what he wanted to do with some guidance. I mean, why Vince does not want to do that in the main roster is beyond me.

Guys like The Rock, John Cena & Batista should give you all the information you need, on why Vince is the way he is. The company is more profitable than ever. Why would he do anything more, to make these guys bigger stars, when they will just leave eventually? The way things are now, the next up and coming guy, can just be replaced with the next guy and the next guy after that and so on.

Until Vince is no longer in charge, this is how things are going to remain.

1 Like

Yes, but they are paying all these writers that they don’t actually need.

In Vince’s mind, he needs them, because that means the performers have less power.

1 Like

Their roster is basically guys that they were using 10-15 years ago, or foreign/indy talent that established themselves elsewhere. It’s easier for them to “create new stars” by using guys that came in with a fanbase that they an milk dry.

I rarely ever chime in on weekly WWE TV television or podcasts. I just have my ways of watching and listening to pro wrestling content. Obviously not watching 3 hours of RAWs is my preference.

Anyways Wai Ting said something to me that really stood out. WWE Raw being bad hurts the pro wrestling industry as a whole. The fans stop watching wrestling overall. They don’t go looking for a better alternative.

WWE RAW is probably the 2nd biggest show in modern day wrestling behind Wrestlemania. There is alot good stuff in other promotions even WWE ppvs and documentaries on the network that never make the airwaves in front of its biggest weekly show. Alot of people probably just only consume RAW and doesn’t know what else exist in pro wrestling world after RAW ends. So RAW being subpar has a huge negative footprint on the rest of the industry and we have seen the decline in the TV ratings for years. Im thankful for the other good promotions and good social media groups like Post Wrestling for keeping my enjoyment going. If I was only able to only watch weekly WWE TV I would of tap out on wrestling many years ago.

3 Likes

Right on!

Now you’re getting it!

By the way, is it just Raw that’s being bad or is Smackdown falling in that category as well?

There definitely can be bad stuff on SD, but overall I have been quite happy with SmackDown ever since the Fiend/Strowman stuff ended and the Roman title reign began.

IMO Reigns/USO and Sasha/Bayley have been great.

In all fairness, when there are pointless matches on I fast forward through them, it helps a lot! I refuse to watch random 6 person matches anymore.

Doesn’t SD have more viewers then Raw?

Raw has definitely been historically the prioritized show, but I’m pretty sure SD is more viewed at the moment.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not the norm, but Retribution is definitely diverse. Two White males, black male, Asian/black female, Puerto Rican female, Arabic male. You really can’t get more diverse that that.

Just to clarify, I’m not arguing that this stable is any good, or that they are doing things right. But they clearly don’t have an issue with it being a mixed race stable.

Nexus was mixed race, ministry of Darkness, The Corporation, JBL’s Cabinet, The Radicalz, The Nation etc. They have had a ton of mixed race stables.

Complete side note, anyone else notice that Tucker sounds just like Edge?

2 Likes

kliq, I think he’s talking about The Hurt Business or the OC.

The Hurt Business is like a black Horsemen stable. The OC are pretty much like the white guys stable, even though the original Bullet Club is comprised of foreigners until Yujiro Takahashi joined. Not WWE-related, but it’s quite an irony.

I took the statement to be an insinuation that most stables in WWE tend be either all black, all white etc. Maybe I misinterpreted.

They definitely have one race stables, but they are not opposed to mixing it up either. Plenty of examples on both sides of the coin.

Yup. And you know one thing that RAW (and SmackDown) had made me stopped watching that I was really enjoying a year and a half back? NXT. Ironically enough NXT was the first WWE product that I stopped care about, because of the way the “elevated” talent was treated once “elevated” to the main roster. Looking at what is happening to the recent crop of guys - I’ve done the wise choice. Why should I invest my time in watching those guys when they’ll be stripped of all they had and humiliated over and over AND OVER again when they get on one of the “main” shows? To be frustrated? No thanks, I don’t need this. I have better things to do with/for my mental health.

Every week I’m like “I feel like I may be giving this show this week a watch, will just leave it running on my second monitor while I’m doing whatever”, then I just find something else to do/run on the second monitor (it’s not so hard), then I hear a report of said show and I’m like “Daym! I’m so GLAD I did not waste my time (and peripheral vision) on this absolute, utter, insulting garbage”. Because even if there’s something that sounds good or even awesome, I hear of three other things that I know will make me fuming if I watch. I don’t need this. I prefer watching something that does not insult my intelligence over and over again.

Comes from a person that enjoys Toru Yano matches!

1 Like

Smackdown is a bit better at the moment.

1 Like

And now for something completely different!

can you spell “Self fufilling prophacy” because I clearly cannot (literally I typed it all wrong and then wanted to make this my joke)

Bring in outside talent that Vince missed on…book them like trash…then be able to say “we were right, they aren’t draws”.

1 Like

I was a bit distracted while listening to the show. I thought Aliester Black was in the dark room again.