Rewind-A-SmackDown 5/15/20: IC Tournament, Martha Hart, Road Warriors

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/05/16/rewind-a-smackdown-5-15-20-ic-tournament-martha-hart-road-warriors/

This show is available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons – click here to download OR check your podcast app if you have subscribed to the RSS feed provided to all members.

John Pollock and Wai Ting review Friday Night SmackDown with the start of the Intercontinental title tournament.

Friday’s show featured two quarter-final matches of the Intercontinental title tournament with a highly-anticipated rematch between Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak and the least-anticipated rematch between King Corbin and Elias. Plus, Otis searches for a partner to face The Miz & John Morrison, Charlotte Flair sets up a future match, Naomi returns, and The Hacker is still hacking.

Plus, John & Wai review this week’s Dark Side of the Ring: “The Last Ride of the Road Warriors”.

NEWS OF THE DAY

• Martha Hart appears on Talk is Jericho
  • Status of Rey Mysterio and WWE
  • AEW and NXT ratings from Wednesday
  • Total Bellas rebounds
  • UFC Fight Night card on Saturday from Jacksonville

And your Café feedback, comments & questions from the POST Wrestling Forum.

Photos Courtesy: WWE

RASD Theme by THE IDENTiTY CRiSiS: theidentitycrisis.com / youtube.com/theidc

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Maybe they’re not the one’s who are very smart are they named Brain?

No you’re right Mike and John

Sounds dumber to me than Braun

Hey!

Oh I’m Sorry

I don’t think there could be any good topics for a Bright Side of the Ring because even the stories with happy endings seem kinda fucked up. Triple H’s story seems to have a happy ending. Shawn Michaels is doing well but they would make great dark side episodes with Michaels’ attitude and drug problems and the man with the golden shovel and the stuff with Chyna.

I haven’t listened to the Podcast yet or read any feedback, so I have no idea what others think but I was disappointed with The Last Ride of the Road Warriors. For some reason the music really got on my nerves and came across so lame and cheesy, and the documentary seemed very rushed. It was like they were trying to fit an hours worth into 45min.

At this point, in addition to the Road Warriors I’ve seen the Savage, Screwjob, Benoit, and Brawl For All episodes, and I loved them, this was the first one that I almost turned it off. This is the first episode I’ve watched since watching The Last Dace which I am absolutely loving, part of me wonders if that just set the bar to high. Is there a separate thread for this? I can’t find anything.

1 Like

I went into the Road Warriors episode with zero expectations and thought it was OK. It was far from the best episode and did feel rushed. I think if they had more time they could have covered their return to the WWF more. If you watched the documentary, you would believe they were back in the WWF in the late 90’s and they almost immediately had Droz as their partner. There was a lot more to their second run than that, and they started pretty high up on the card in 1997. I also thought they came back for a tryout dark march in 2003 just before Hawk died. I feel like that would have been a good talking point too.

I see what you did here.

Haha “Oh What a Rush!” That was totally unintentional, but it’s really tough to get an almost 20 year career of a legendary tag team into a 45 minute documentary!