Rewind-A-SmackDown 7/10/20: Lacey Evans Turned Heel During Karaoke

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/11/rewind-a-smackdown-7-10-20-lacey-evans-turned-heel-during-karaoke/

This show is available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons – click here to download OR check your podcast app if you have subscribed to the RSS feed provided to all members.

John Pollock & Wai Ting review Friday Night SmackDown featuring the New Day defending the SmackDown tag titles, a Karaoke Showdown, a breakdown of the Fyter Fest and Great American Bash ratings & more.

NEWS OF THE DAY

• AEW Fyter Fest and NXT Great American Bash ratings
  • NJPW returns in front of crowds this weekend
  • Matches announced for this Monday’s Raw
  • UFC 251 weigh-ins

Friday’s show featured New Day defending the SmackDown tag titles against Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro, the first SmackDown Karaoke Showdown, Bayley & Sasha Banks team up against Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross, and Jeff Hardy appears on Miz TV to set up a Bar Fight with Sheamus at Extreme Rules.

Photos Courtesy: WWE

RASD Theme by THE IDENTiTY CRiSiS: theidentitycrisis.com / youtube.com/theidc

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Is the bar fight going to be a 3rd cinematic match? Might as well call it The Horror Show at Extreme Rules Lucha Underground

Wouldn’t it be the 5th?

Taker/AJ
Bray/cena
MITB
Viking Profits

3rd cinematic on that show. Swamp match, Eye for an Eye and Bar fight

Also Edge/Orton was edited

Oh I thought you meant overall.

I don’t consider edge-Orton a cinematic match, but I understand the argument from those that do since it had those camera angles and enhanced audio.

A cinematic match where the concept of a cinematic match dies. I want to see that.

I’m not really against cinematic matches, but it does seem like they’re going to do well one too many times.

Never, not WWE!

2 Likes

I am worried they are going to kill the cinematic match, but at the same time watching straight wrestling for an entire PPV in this era (WWE or AEW) IMO is extremely hard to get through. On one hand I welcome this style of match, on the other there is no doubt that they are loosing their luster.

I think everyone has a bad taste in their mouths because of the Viking Profit one, but the other three were pretty good IMO. I liked AJ vs Taker for the most part, Wyatt/Cena on one hand I loved (I was very entertained), but on the other hand I hated (its essentially wrestling breaking kayfabe on air). I loved MITB, hated Viking Profits. I guess I feel they are 3/4 right now.

We’ll see how these ones do. Does anyone really want to see Wyatt/Braun in the ring though?

So, throwing it out there, do you think they may end up attempting an entire ppv of just cinematic matches to kill the concept?

Nope, I don’t think they would go that far. Sounds like more of a impact thing.

I’m getting tired of this “killing the concept” garbage. If a match is good, it’s good. If it sucks, it sucks. Doesn’t matter how many times thy do it in a show, as long as they differentiate them, in my opinion.

I’m more tired of these guys wrestling in front of fake fans, with lame chants. So please, I hope they do more cinematic matches. I hope they start making every Raw and SmackDown cinematic.

1 Like

I agree with the fake fans part. Its better then nothing, but when I was watching FyterFest and the plants started chanting “AEW” “AEW” is was cringe worthy. Just as bad in WWE, I remember in the Edge/Orton match they were fake chanting “this is awesome” (or it was something like that) and I felt the same way.

Wrestling companies really are in a tough spot right now. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

1 Like

When it comes to AEW it’s AE-Dub if they do and AE-Dub if they don’t.