REWIND-A-WAI #2: Post 'Mania Raw (April 8, 2013)

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/01/12/rewind-a-wai-2-post-mania-raw-april-8-2013/

The second edition of REWIND-A-WAI is now available for all POST Wrestling Café patrons - go to Patreon.com/POSTwrestling to download OR check your podcast app if you have subscribed to the RSS feed provided to all members.

Featuring:

John Pollock & Wai Ting present their first “Espresso” version of Rewind-A-Wai.

This show is brought to you by “Espresso Executive Producer” John Taylor, who chose this episode of Raw to be reviewed.

We travel back to the night after WrestleMania 29 in 2013 for one of the more memorable editions of the show. It was the night Dolph Ziggler cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase, the audience revolted against Randy Orton and Sheamus, The Shield confronted The Undertaker, “Fandango-ing” was born and it all culminated with a three-minute, non-title affair between John Cena and Mark Henry!

Following the review, John Taylor will join us for a few minutes to share his thought the show and why he chose this episode of Raw.

WWE Raw (Night After WrestleMania 29) Monday, April 8th, 2013 East Rutherford, New Jersey *Daniel Bryan vs. Big E. Langston *The Miz vs. Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental title *Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter *Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World heavyweight title *3MB vs. R-Truth, Santino Marella, and Zack Ryder *Randy Orton vs. Sheamus *Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston *Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins vs. Brodus Clay, Sweet Tea and The Funkadactyls *John Cena vs. Mark Henry in a non-title match

Subscribe to POST Wrestling http://postwrestling.com/subscribe

POST Wrestling Forum https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon - The POST Wrestling Café http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

1 Like

How do I link my account with my Patreon account?

I think you just need to use the same email for this account as you do patreon but anyone can feel free to correct me

It hasn’t linked me yet.

It was announced the next show to be reviewed is Wrestlemania 18, which I believe you guys already reviewed. Is there a reason you are still allowing the patreons to choose shows that were already done?

I think it’s because this is a new site and a new show more or less, they’re starting over and are open to doing shows they have already done.

Yeah, it was mentioned during the Christmas show, I believe, that they would be starting with a clean slate and all shows are up for review. I don’t mind as some people haven’t been following as long as others and for those long-time fans, there’s always new perspectives to be had.

I just want to thank John and Wai for carrying me through the interview segment. I was incredibly nervous, and they made it very enjoyable to talk about this Post Mania Raw, basically like talking with a couple of friends going down memory lane. I recommend other Espresso Executive Producers take advantage of being able to record a segment on their episodes, it was incredibly fun.

5 Likes

3 Likes

One of my favorite moments in 2013, this 300 pound man caving in, 90 pound AJ Lee and she completely no sells it, gives Big E a sexy smile, and he pats her on the back.

Man I loved these three together, reminded me of Christian, Tomko, and Trish a little bit but better. Was so gutted when the crew fell apart.

A great review guys and really looking forward to the new shows coming up!

Name Suggestion for upcoming Round Table Podcast: Fatal 4 -Wai.

7 Likes

You came off really well pal.

Also love the Fatal 4-Wai name.

1 Like

Going into this, I wasn’t that pumped for this review because of the show being covered but John and Wai exceeded my expectations with a great review. I wish Rewind a Wai was weekly!

2 Likes

Ahh thank you google:

edit: real gem at 41 minutes

edit: just to clarify this is a link to the fightnetwork.com of the review a raw recorded back in 2013… not the new podcast. It’s interesting to hear what they though of things then vs now if you listen to these back to back.

2 Likes

I know you guys have covered

spoiler for next Rewind a Wai

Wrestlemania 18

before, but I’m absolutely thrilled to hear it come up again. This was one of three shows I cite as being an interchangable “first ever”, the other two being the Jim Crockett Memorial Cup tag tournament from 1988 I saw as a youngin but didn’t care and don’t remember and Judgement Day 2004 with the bladejob - a show I hold fondly now but almost scared me off of wrestling. This show made me love wrestling SO much, and so quickly. I knew a little bit going in, but even if I hadn’t, this show would have turned me immediately. I could talk about it forever.

Awesome suggestion

Should you be posing the audio here? I’m pretty sure non patrons can come in this part of the forum

This is a link to the LAW webpage back when they reviewed the first time. Its a public link not the show they posted yesterday.

Ah, I apologise then