REWIND-A-WAI FEEDBACK: WWF Backlash 2000

Post your feedback, comments, and questions for this Sunday’s Rewind-A-Wai covering Backlash 2000.

This show was chosen by Espresso Executive Producer Daniel Dunn.

WWF BACKLASH
Sunday, April 30th, 2000
Washington, D.C.
*Triple H vs. The Rock for the WWF title with Steve Austin as guest referee
*Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental title
*Eddie Guerrero vs. Essa Rios for the European title
*The Dudley Boyz vs. Test & Albert
*Kurt Angle vs. Big Show
*Crash Holly vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Perry Saturn vs. Tazz for the WWF Hardcore title
*Big Bossman & Bull Buchanan vs. The Acolytes
*Dean Malenko vs. Scotty 2 Hotty for the WWF Light Heavyweight title
*Edge & Christian vs. X-Pac & Road Dogg for the WWF tag titles

I think an interesting fact about this show is that it took place a couple of weeks after they did the infamous Jericho “title win” on Raw beating Triple H, the one that was reversed moments later. I remember watching that and thinking Jericho could easily be accepted in that main event role but in retrospect it’s probably for the best they held off on him and stuck with the Rock who was an absolute mega star at the time. The other thing I remember from this show is that Austin came back on this show, after being away since Survivor Series and would go away again until September. Feel that was an odd decision really but it could have been done to keep him in the minds of the fans. Those are probably the main things I personally take away from this show. Looking forward to the review guys!