Rey Fenix provides update, notes that he has no broken bones, waiting on exact diagnosis

Originally published at Rey Fenix provides update, notes that he has no broken bones

Rey Fenix issues a statement about what occurred on Dynamite.

In the main event of last night’s AEW Dynamite on TBS, The Lucha Brothers (Rey Fenix & Penta El Zero M) put the AEW World Tag Team Titles on the line against Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. During the final stretch of the match, Fenix was chokeslammed off the ring apron into a table by Luchasaurus. While Fenix was coming down, he stuck his arm out and when he landed, it bent in the opposite direction. New tag team champions were crowned shortly after.

Fenix took to social media and provided an update on how he’s doing. He said he has no broken bones and is going to make a few more trips to the doctor to get an exact diagnosis.

I want to thank each and every one of you for so much love, for your prayers, good vibes, for your messages. Thank you so much for being concerned about me. I feel very blessed to have all of you. Fans, colleagues (wrestlers) my friends and my family, Thank you very much.

I love this sport so much that it has changed my life and the lives of my loved ones, that when I am in the ring or put on my mask, everything goes away. There are no fears, no problems, my heart beats perfectly, everything is fine, I feel alive.

What happened last night is one of the many risks that we wrestlers take before getting in the ring and doing what we love so much.

There is no fault, it is wrestling and these are the risks. Today I can tell you that I feel better and that thank God, your prayers and good vibes, there are NO BROKEN BONES. I still have to visit the doctor a couple more times and do some tests to have an exact diagnosis.

Thank you very much once again to everyone and congratulations to the champions, enjoy and defend those titles, because very soon I will be back and those championships belong to us LUCHA BROTHERS. Respect!

Thank you all, I love you ❤️ ANIMO

ANIM👁 pic.twitter.com/9op1E1oerR

— REY FENIX👑MexaKing (@ReyFenixMx) January 6, 2022

To get a recap of AEW Dynamite’s TBS debut episode, check out the latest Rewind-A-Dynamite podcast here on POST Wrestling.

2 Likes