Rey Mysterio and Dana Brooke quarantined, Brooke no longer competing at WrestleMania 36

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/03/24/rey-mysterio-and-dana-brooke-quarantined-brooke-no-longer-competing-at-wrestlemania-36/

WrestleMania 36 is just one week away and the match card for WWE’s biggest show of the year is rounding out. There has been an adjustment to the SmackDown Women’s Championship match on the card as Dana Brooke has been removed from it. It was first spotted on WWE.com’s WrestleMania 36 section that Dana Brooke was no longer on the graphic for the SmackDown Women’s Title match featuring Sasha Banks, Naomi, Tamina, Lacey Evans and the current SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley.

On the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated that Dana Brooke has been quarantined and will not be competing at WrestleMania. POST Wrestling’s own John Pollock backed those sentiments and confirmed Meltzer’s report about Brooke. Dana Brooke was not used at the SmackDown TV tapings this past Saturday. Meltzer added that Rey Mysterio is also quarantined and will not be competing at WrestleMania.

Rey Mysterio was in the midst of a feud with Andrade and Angel Garza that also involved Humberto Carrillo. Andrade and Garza are now challenging The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) for the RAW Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania.

There are 13 confirmed matches for this year’s WrestleMania and both nights on April 4th and 5th will be hosted by former New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski. In regard to the traditional NXT TakeOver event during WrestleMania weekend, the matches that were planned for that show will air on the USA Network starting April 1st.

Was Rey not like in the ring with Andrade like a week ago ?

Yes he was, him being in quarantine doesn’t mean he’s got it, maybe one of his family have symptoms.

Yeah but if one member of his family has symptoms he might have it without knowing and may have unknowingly transmit it.

1 Like

The fact that you can have it without symptoms and spread it around is pretty scary.

You have to imagine it could spread easily via wrestling.

And now there are some reports it can cause long lasting damage.

What the hell is the WWE doing…

1 Like

Japan has started having matches wirh audiences.

In terms of temperature I want to caution - for the initial people that aren’t hospitalized the incidence of temp is about half.

A lot are low grade often (37.2 is the average). That’s not a fever so are they being screened out? Who knows.

We also know there is a Asymptomatic spread. This is not as much as symptomatic but it’s more than we think by all accounts.

Bottom line is that what japan is doing has significant risks. What the WWE is doing has some risk but not as much. It’s not zero

Interesting

Trump is pretty much saying fuck the virus and we’re open for business after Easter. Hopefully that works out

The US has not hit there peak yet. Italy perhaps is hitting peak now and may level off and drop in about a week. If you map it out the US still has a ways to go.

1 Like

Do you think Canada is doing enough to flatten the curve?

I know we are behind the states, but by that much?

Japan was ahead of things, and seems to have done a pretty decent job of dealing with it all. This seems like good news

I’m not sure. They have but I fear allowing large gatherings may lead to a rebound. Only time will tell

3 Likes

A better job. We anticipate peak to hit mid next week I think. If that happens and a drop starts we would have done better

2 Likes