Rhea Ripley makes her in-ring return after several months out of action

Originally published at Rhea Ripley makes her in-ring return after several months out of action

Rhea Ripley wrestled her first match since June at a WWE live event on Saturday night.

Ripley, who celebrated her 26th birthday on Tuesday, ended a lengthy absence from in-ring action at a live event in Sioux City, Iowa, losing a mixed tag match with her partner Damian Priest against Nikki ASH and Dolph Ziggler.

I’m back Bitches ⚖️ https://t.co/ioPzFAJJSD

— RheaRipley_WWE (@RheaRipley_WWE) October 16, 2022

Prior to Saturday, her previous match took place on the June 6th edition of Raw, when she won a four-way match with Liv Morgan, Alexa Bliss, and Doudrop.

That match was intended to earn her a title shot against Bianca Belair at Money in the Bank, but it never went ahead.

On the June 20th episode of Raw, Jimmy Smith announced that Ripley was not medically cleared. She has taken part in multiple live segments with the Judgment Day, but Saturday marked her first match in just over four months.

At Extreme Rules on Saturday, October 8th, Ripley delivered a Conchairto to Beth Phoenix after the conclusion of Edge and Finn Balor’s “I Quit” match.

I forgot both about the title shot and that she was injured. I like Ripley separate from the women’s division right now. It adds to the mystique of her being indoctrinated in the Judgment Day faction. Unless she is in a feud that involves a female wrestler, and I assume they’re going that direction with Beth Phoenix at some point, then she shouldn’t be splitting her focus between being Balor’s heater and having women’s matches.