Ric Flair feels Seth Rollins is upset with him over Becky Lynch-The Man trademark, claims Rollins ignored him at signing

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/12/08/ric-flair-feels-seth-rollins-is-upset-with-him-over-becky-lynch-the-man-trademark-claims-rollins-ignored-him-at-signing/

Ric Flair claims Rollins ignored him at a signing over the situation. 

There was a trademark dispute that has been addressed publicly over the past several years that had to do with Becky Lynch and ‘The Man’ nickname. Ric Flair stated that he owns the trademark ‘To Be the Man’ and was not in agreeance with ‘The Man’ being trademarked for Becky. Flair did apply to trademark ‘The Man’ in 2019. 

Seth Rollins’ name came up when Flair was on Busted Open Radio. He spoke highly of Rollins as a wrestler but mentioned that Rollins is mad at him over the situation. Flair added that while he was at a signing with The Undertaker, Rollins walked past him and did not speak. 

He agrees that Rollins should take Lynch’s side in the situation and closed by saying he’s not upset at Seth. Flair then commented on Rollins’ program with Cody Rhodes and credited him for being unselfish. 

And Seth Rollins is a damn good worker. He’s mad at me because I’ve been up and down with his wife but I don’t really care. He ain’t me [Flair laughed]. I can say that. He’s good but he ain’t me. I got no problem with saying that. 

He walked right by me at an autograph session. I thought, you gotta be kidding me. Because of you and Becky [Lynch] and this ‘Man’ trademark, you’re gonna ignore me pal? Wow. I went, ‘Okay.’ I’m sitting by Taker, I said, ‘I guess I’m on timeout.’ 

I’m not mad at him. Everybody should take their wife’s side in any debate there is… It’s not worth it. You’re gonna take their side and I totally understand that and as long as that’s come and gone but that was a sensitive point for me. To be the man, write a book called ‘Be the Man’, a best seller. Yet, and then using it in promotional commercials of mine to call her ‘The Man’, I don’t know and all I ask for, I just said, ‘Guys, where’s my royalty?’ That was a big argument. I’ve been saying that since 1981 before anyone was born. So, doesn’t matter now and I swear to God, I don’t have it in me and I’m too happy to be upset with anybody. I’m elated. It’s the holidays. I’m not mad at Seth, I think he’s a great worker. I’ll tell you what, I’m so proud of him for… he and Cody Rhodes had two of the best matches of the year I think. He and Cody Rhodes tore it down and he was unselfish as hell, he put Cody over like a million bucks and Cody needed that shot. The only way he could get over is if he knocked off a big dog and Seth, you know, did it the right way. 

Becky Lynch made her return to WWE in late November for Survivor Series: WarGames. Rollins was also in action on that card as a part of a Triple Threat for the United States Championship. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Busted Open Radio with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.