Ric Flair issues statement about his WWE release, says he's not upset

Originally published at Ric Flair issues statement about his WWE release, says he's not upset

Flair opened up about his release from WWE.

On Monday, it was co-reported by Wrestling Inc. and Fightful that WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair requested and obtained his release from the company. Flair sporadically appeared on WWE TV over the years and his latest on-screen stint was earlier this year when he was involved in Charlotte Flair and Lacey Evans’ feud until Lacey had to step away due to her pregnancy.

WWE formally confirmed that they came to terms on Ric’s release and following that, Flair took to Twitter and issued a statement. He cleared up that he is not upset with the company, but he has a different vision for his future.

I Am Officially Able To Respond To All The Press Related To My Requested Release From WWE, Which They Have Given Me. I Want To Make It Really Clear With Everyone That I’m Not Upset With WWE At All. They Solely Are Responsible For Putting Me In The Position Of Life That I’m In Right Now, Where I’m Seen In The Brightest Light Ever. We Have A Different Vision For My Future. I Wish Them Nothing But Continued Success! Thank You For Everything! Nothing But Respect!

pic.twitter.com/hQHkVWJlks

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 3, 2021

Ric Flair is 72-years-old. The last time he spent time outside of WWE was his run in TNA/IMPACT Wrestling. Since 2012, Flair has been a part of the WWE fold.

Charlotte Flair is scheduled to be in the Raw Women’s Title match at SummerSlam on August 21st. Charlotte also headlined the 8/2 episode of Monday Night Raw with Nikki A.S.H.