Ring announcer Kimihiko Ozaki leaving NJPW

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/01/16/ring-announcer-kimihiko-ozaki-leaving-njpw/

Ozaki is departing the company at the end of the month.

New Japan Pro-Wrestling ring announcer Kimihiko Ozaki took to social media to announce that he is finishing up with the company and his last show is on January 29th at Korakuen Hall. Ozaki has been a ring announcer since 2006 and has shared the announcing duties with Makoto Abe.

Below is Ozaki’s post about his decision to depart NJPW:

I have decided to retire from New Japan Pro-Wrestling after the at Korakuen Hall on January 29th. It has been 19 and a half years since I started as a part-timer, and it has been a valuable experience. I will start a new path. Thank you very much!

ご報告

1.29後楽園ホールの試合を最後に新日本プロレスを退職することにしました
アルバイトから始まり19年半は貴重な経験でした
新たな道に踏み出します
有難うございました

I decided to leave New Japan Pro-Wrestling on January 29th. I will try new things. Everything was great.#njpw

— 尾崎仁彦【KIMIHIKO OZAKI】 (@OZARIN1972) January 16, 2022

Both Ozaki and Makato Abe get chased out of the ring by Bad Luck Fale due to Ozaki accidentally calling Fale ‘Tama Tonga’ on one occasion. The exchanges between Fale and the ring announcers have continued since.

Back in 2011, Ozaki had the opportunity to be on commentary for Wrestle Kingdom 5 which was headlined by Hiroshi Tanahashi versus Satoshi Kojima. Tanahashi recently signed a new deal with NJPW.