Rocky Romero confirms that The Good Brothers finished up their deals with IMPACT Wrestling

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/09/22/rocky-romero-confirms-that-the-good-brothers-finished-up-their-deals-with-impact-wrestling/

Rocky Romero chats The Good Brothers’ future and their Talk’n Shop podcast.

Two years ago, The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) arrived to IMPACT Wrestling and since their arrivals, they’ve held the IMPACT World Tag Team Titles on three occasions.

They lost the titles to Mike Bennett and Matt Taven on the 9/1 edition of IMPACT on AXS. Rocky Romero, who co-hosts the Talk’n Shop podcast with Gallows and Anderson, confirmed that the duo finished up their deals with IMPACT.

Romero was talking to Bobby Fish on The Undisputed Podcast and shared the news. On the topic of their podcast that is currently on hiatus, Romero said they have a few episodes in the can and should be back before the year is over.

We got this little podcast called Talk’n Shop. Talk’n Shop podcast with Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and myself. We’re on a hiatus right now. We just got tired of podcasting as I’m sure you guys know or you guys will find out in the next year or so . Podcasting is literally the hardest thing ever and getting everybody to sit down can be hard, once a week or whatever it is. It’s easy when we’re on the road together. That’s when it’s fun but still a pain in the ass. But yeah, so we’re just taking a break. The Good Brothers just finished their deal with IMPACT and now they’re working with New Japan and doing some indies and they’re just kind of like, ‘We just need a breather from everything’ so, yeah, we put it on hiatus but, I think we will be back before the end of the year to be honest. That’s like a big deal. We’ve already recorded a couple of episodes. They’re ‘in the can’ as they say and yeah, I think we’re gonna load up a couple more.

Gallows and Anderson joined NJPW’s Burning Spirit tour on 9/21 and coming up on the 25th, Anderson is going to be defending the NEVER Openweight Championship against Hiroshi Tanahashi.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit The Undisputed Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

1 Like

They should go to AEW (if they want them) or New Japan as I just don’t see a place for them in WWE anymore and Impact just seems like a glorified Indy at this point.

I’m sure that they made plenty of money, but it seems like The Good Brothers just had awful timing as far as their U.S. run. They went straight to the main roster during a terrible creative period instead of the tag team glory days of NXT and were still signed by WWE during the initial AEW signing spree. Now they’re older free agents (Karl is 42 and Doc is 38… not prohibitively old but certainly not young) with the AEW roster pretty well set, and WWE maybe disinterested (I feel like HHH secretly hates those guys for their DX/NWO-inspired schtick). But time will tell.