Rocky Romero would love to see Isaiah 'Swerve' Scott on NJPW STRONG

Originally published at Rocky Romero would love to see Isaiah 'Swerve' Scott on NJPW STRONG

Rocky Romero names ‘Swerve’ Scott and John Morrison as talents he’d like to see in NJPW.

WWE released a total of 26 talents this month and their latest releases took place on November 18th. Among the names let go during the most recent releases were Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott and John Morrison.

Rocky Romero told the Battleground Podcast that he would like to see both of those talents in a New Japan Pro-Wrestling ring. Rocky plays a key role in the presentation of NJPW STRONG and brings talents in to be a part of the show tapings. Rocky doesn’t get how WWE could let Scott go, but on top of a STRONG appearance, Rocky would also like to see the former NXT North American Champion in a Best of the Super Juniors tournament.

That’s a possibility Okada. Throw him right to the biggest guy of them all so…

Romero spoke highly of John Morrison as well. He joked that Johnny’s name in New Japan might by ‘Johnny Strong Style’.

And .

It has been a full year since Romero, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson presented their last Talk ‘N Shop A Mania show. Anderson has been hesitant to do another one so quickly, but Romero shared that Anderson had a change in his mindset after seeing how many talents were let go from WWE.

I mean I’ve written quite a bit of this Talk ‘N Shop A Mania III. Me and Gallows are all in. Karl Anderson, we can not get him to move but the last conversation we had about it, he said, ‘Wow, all this talent that got released from WWE, it might be time to do Talk ‘N Shop A Mania III.’ So he may be right on that. Me and Gallows are always maybe pushing it too quickly but, it feels maybe a little more natural to kind of maybe do it now with all the very interesting releases, yeah.

On December 9th, NJPW is hosting their next set of STRONG tapings in Los Angeles, California. The likes of Christopher Daniels and Eddie Kingston are scheduled for the show.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Battleground Podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.