Roderick Strong comments on report of Adam Cole's WWE contract expiring

Originally published at Roderick Strong comments on report of Adam Cole's WWE deal expiring

Roderick Strong gives his take on the reports of Adam Cole’s WWE contract expiring.

Adam Cole arrived in WWE in 2017 and made his debut at TakeOver: Brooklyn III. He went on to become NXT Champion, North American Champion, Tag Team Champion, competed in the Royal Rumble, at Survivor Series and headlined a Friday Night SmackDown and scored a win over Daniel Bryan.

On August 2nd, it was first reported by Wrestling Inc. that Cole’s deal with WWE is set to expire this month after SummerSlam which is August 21st. Fightful Select added that Cole’s deal was up in July but he extended it to continue the program with Kyle O’Reilly. While speaking to Sports Illustrated ahead of the 8/3 episode of NXT, Diamond Mine’s Roderick Strong was asked about the talk surrounding his former Undisputed ERA faction-mate:

Adam’s going to do what Adam does. I have no idea what’s going to happen. I’m just focused on the areas of my life that I can control. For me, when I’m not working, I’m focused on my family. But of course, I wish the best for everybody.

Strong is taking on Bobby Fish on tonight’s episode of NXT. Strong is the head of the Diamond Mine group that consists of Tyler Rust, Hideki Suzuki and Malcolm Bivens.

The upNXT crew is going to review tonight’s NXT on Syfy and that review will be available to listen to at this link.