ROH fan details a bad experience at show, promotion responds

Um…

Regardless of the he said-he said backstage, if a wrestler spat on me I’d be demanding a full refund.

1 Like

Eh, not sure you know what, suck it, means. If you agree in the positive to this request there is no need to request he/she take his/her top off.

Hope this helps.

I’ve not seen bully rays response, but I don’t think he comes across as badly as some are suggesting. He seen his girlfriend react poorly to a fan being rude to her, I personally think some of the stuff he said was out of line but also don’t agree that he deserved to be spat on. Everyone knew there weren’t grounds to throw the fan out but bully had a talk with him where he was firm but not disrespectful.

The spitting is totally out of line and Mandy Leon should be in bigger trouble here than Bully Ray in my opinion as spitting can’t be justified. Obviously the fan being taken backstage so that Bully Ray can intimidate him isn’t great either but from his perspective, it is his girlfriend and I can understand him not being too happy if the fan was being too antagonising. That’s the question though, how antagonising was he being?

WTF has ROH become.
Why is this the most interesting thing to discuss about their company and how is Bully Ray and the Beautiful People Reborn the ppl being discussed. God this is TNA 2012. Rehashes of the same gimmicks from years ago, the least over Champion of any promotion running TV. Relying on shared talent to help boost shows (New Japan). Kinda sad

I read all these comments and see things like “what has ROH become” etc but does anybody making those comments actually watch the product? I haven’t missed an event in like 5 years and Taven has been killing it since winning the title. Matches vs PCO, Haskins, Flip, Hot Sauce and then the 4 way on Sunday, the in ring hasn’t taken a hit at all. It’s easy to read a result and make a comment but try watching the War of the Worlds from Grand Rapids last month where Bandido, Scurll, Gresham and Brody are all in Japan and that roster busted their ass. No news ever comes out of an ROH show, thats how it’s always been but to base the company off a fan and bully each crossing the line in a way is pretty dumb.

Since she wasnt seriously requesting this be done to her, you absolutely should request she take off her top, unless you’re up for a sexual assault charge. Then by all means, go for it.

Dude, crowds were TERRIBLE on the pacific northwest swing.

ROH is ok but it’s just not a hot product. Taven is not the right guy to be champion.

They relied too long on the Elite and NJPW and really havent created many new stars. They’re going to have to rebuild for a while. But all this stuff with Bully Ray makes the promotion look total bush league.

I had to choose between going to ROH or Defy in early May since I live 6 hours away. I chose Defy to see the Lucha Bros. I think I made the better choice. Had a feeling attendance would suck. Never even had any matches announced until about 3 weeks prior to the shows. Not sad I missed this at all.

I don’t think its acceptable to be sexist when giving ‘heat’ to a performer.

Boo them, hiss, shout but if you start getting sexist, racist or go too far with abuse that could be considered explicit…then dont. its a family show at the end of the day. Have some respect and keep your heat respectful.

I’m glad Bubba stood up to the bloke, hopefully he won’t do it again and it’ll make others consider their language to woman.

It sounds like both versions of the story are virtually identical. The only issue up for debate is whether the fan stepped over the line with his comments or not. Otherwise, Bully Ray probably didn’t think he was being intimidating, but because it was an intimidating situation, the fan felt nervous. Other than that, it sounds like the same story…

For me, the main thing is that ROH handled it totally wrong. Security should have told the fan to tone down the comments if they were over the line, and if he continued then he is removed from the building, and that’s it. Mandy Leon should be fined or suspended for assaulting a fan, no matter the comments that were made.

1 Like

Has anyone ever thought that this could be a huge publicity stunt. Were all talking about it and ROH is getting free publicity even if it’s bad.

1 Like

That would only help if I then went and watched ROH.