ROH War of Wars Tour

The four-show tour kicks off in Lowell, Mass., at Lowell Memorial Auditorium on May 9, and then heads to Toronto, Ontario, at Ted Reeve Arena on May 11; Royal Oak, Mich., at Royal Oak Music Theatre on May 12; and Chicago at The Odeum on May 13.

I copied and pasted from ROH website. Having been to the last one here in CHICAGO and seeing Kenny Omega live was the highlight of the show for me. Definitely will be attending here in Chicago. Who will be attending any of these shows?

I’ve been going to the Toronto stop on this tour every year since 2013 (with the exception of 2015, as I got married that weekend). This time, i’m bringing a few of my friends who got into NJPW in the last year, and started watching ROH in the last two months.

1 Like

What day of the week is the Toronto show?

Drove to Chicago last year for the Odeum Show, was awesome. Hit up AAW Lynum Night 2 while there so that was a great weekend. Tour coming to Royal Oak MI which is 20 min from my house so I’ll be doing that one but no drive to Chicago this time. Will make the trip for “All In” if it’s there in September.

So who watching Night 1, Lowell, Massachusetts, LIVE?

So far tonight:

1. The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) defeated Flip Gordon and Jushin Thunder Liger
  2. Tenille Dashwood and Sumie Sakai^ defeated Deonna Purrazzo and Skylar
    ^Sumie Sakai replaced the previously advertised Brandi Rhodes.
  3. Dalton Castle vs. Matt Taven for the ROH World Championship was cancelled. Dalton came out and said he couldn’t compete tonight due to a back injury.
  4. Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) defeated The Kingdom (TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia).

Just announced for later…

1. SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia) for the ROH World 6-Man Tag Team Championship.

…but now… Bully Ray vs. Cheeseburger.

Will be catching this on demand but not live. Looking forward to binging these shows after deciding like many I was putting Raw and SD on hold and sticking to John and Wai

2 Likes

Toronto was a fun show. A rabid crowd made the night. The Japanese stars and the young bucks were the biggest stars. I’m amazed how when someone is really over like a Naito, he can do something so small and generate the largest reaction. Curious to hear others’ thoughts, even those who watched on honour club or fite tv.

2 Likes

This has been my third year in a row going to the War of the Worlds Toronto show. I have to admit that this was a lesser show than the previous, which peaked halfway with an excellent match between the Young Bucks and Super Smash Bros. Other than LIJ, Jay White, Jushin Liger, and Roppongi 3K, the show was quite light on New Japan talent this year. Also there was the fact that Dalton Castle was removed due to injury and a number of announced names (such as Marty Scurll and Flip Gordon) being bumped from the card (which sucks, since I knew Marty Scurll was in attendance, as he was participating in the Bullet Club autograph signing before the show).

On a related note, I believe this year marks the 10th anniversary of the first ROH show in Toronto, with a quite sizable percentage of the stars from that show being in WWE now.

Last nights show was good and better than expected based on The lack of New Japan talent. Jay White vs. Punishment Martinez was good, Jay White is a star in the making. SSB vs. The Bucks was awesome and should have been the main event and Cody Rhodes vs. Liger was fun to watch.

Yes @SPKx The 1st ROH show in Toronto and at Ted Reeve was in July 2008.

I know how you feel… I know it’s “card subject to change”, but I bought some NXT live tickets when the email said Ember Moon, Cien Almas and Sanity so I bit and got tickets but then they all got called up. It should still be a good show but I feel like I was bait and switched a little bit.