Roman Reigns steroids allegations updates.

Looking for updates on the Reigns steroids allegations.

Currently is none…none of the big sites are touching this…probably speaks to the validity of this.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think anything will come from this.

Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel and WWE superstar Roman Reigns were all dimed out as alleged customers of a now-imprisoned steroids dealer.

The dealer, Richard Rodriguez, named all 3 celebs during a phone interview he did, from prison. Rodriguez claims they used aliases to make the steroid purchases.

Rodriguez is being investigated by the DEA … and is already facing charges for conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids and money laundering.

We’ve reached out to reps for Wahlberg, Duhamel and Reigns

Pffft. …I’m not going to believe some snitch.

Zahorian never ratted out his clients in a shady video. Poor form

1 Like

Was the reason he cited those three because they testified against him first and he was aware of that in Open discovery?

1 Like

As Dave Scherer and I discussed on the We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Name Show in the Elite section of PWInsider.com earlier today, there have been allegations lobbed towards Joe Anoa`i (aka WWE star Roman Reigns) by Richard Rodriguez, former owner of the Iron Addicts Gym in Miami, who is now jailed after having been arrested in February 2017 by the DEA.

Rodriguez named Reigns as one of his clients in a clip from a jailhouse interview with a documentary filmmaker that was released online but did not specify where or when Reigns allegedly did this. PWInsider.com did not previously cover the story due to the ambiguous nature of Rodriguez’ accusations.

Reigns issued the following statement to PWInsider.com this evening:

“I have never heard of Robert Rodriguez or Wellness Fitness Nutrition. I learned from the mistake I made nearly two years ago and paid the penalty for it. Since then, I’ve passed 11 tests as part of WWE’s independent drug testing program.”

Rodriguez was alleged to have been part of a ring that imported materials from China, had PEDs assembled in Arizona and then sold them out of Miami.

Reigns was suspended in June 2016 for a WWE Wellness Policy infraction, the cause of which has never been confirmed publicly by WWE.

So…who to believe here…Roman Reigns or some drug dealer?

Hmmmmm

Is the drug testing actually done by an independent, third party company?

Yeah they’re tested by Aegis Sciences Corporation.

They’re pretty legit.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying, but can you verify if Roman testifies against this guy? The way I read the story was he named 3 ppl because those three ppl he knew testified against him already and when they provided him view of “discovery” there were statements in discovery made by Roman. If he did in fact provide statements then he’s obviously caught up in this and the question becomes when - was this back when he got suspended or more recent?

I thought the dealer was Alberto del Rio’s old ring announcer

2 Likes

Haven’t heard anything about any of those three men testifying against this guy.

I am not sure I doubt it however. in the 30 for 30 doc on Ric Flair Triple H admitted that he told Ric Flair to tell Reid that they were coming to test him in enough time to get Reid clean for the test. No one in the company should know when any of their talent is going to be tested. However I am not sure if Reid had a WWE developmental deal at the time or if it was an initial test to get in the door type thing.

Reid Flair wasn’t under contract…the test was to see if he was worth getting a contract.

Why else would Triple H openly admit that? He wouldn’t be that dumb if he was under their umbrella.

In the Forbes article I read (I admittedly do not like that writer to begin with so I’d like to not believe him) Rodriguez explains how the discovery was shared with him and that in it were tried-and-true statements from several ppl, which he explains is why he named who he named not others.

Can you link the article?

Seems like hearsay run amuck.

Kind of thought “El Rey must be doing worse than I thought”.

Just listen to the phone call linked further up in this thread, that’s all what’s actually being said.

My bad I thought the article on Forbes offered more info.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2018/01/17/wwes-roman-reigns-implicated-in-10-million-steroid-ring/amp/

“He is a very down-to-earth person; however, a situation involved in which … oftentimes when you’re brought to trials — which I was not; I decided to take a plea — however, they disclose discovery. Discovery is basically the proof that they have against you. One thing, one part of the discovery is what’s called tried and true statements, which is basically disclosing everybody whom the investigators or people that were investigating you have spoken to with regards to your company, with regards to you, with regards to any other co-defendants that are associated with the indictment. So that’s one of the reasons why I disclosed him.”

I read this as Roman was definitely contacted and gave a statement which runs counter to his claim that he has never heard of that guy. Seems like a bad lie to tell if he did in fact provide a statement used as testimony. And why would the guy make that up and say Romans name out of thin air out of all people? Has Wahlberg and anyone else named stated they don’t know the guy at all like Roman did?

Something doesn’t add up, that’s all. Weird statements made in both sides that’s all.