Roman Reigns vs. Rey Mysterio officially added to Hell in a Cell

Originally published at Roman Reigns vs. Rey Mysterio officially added to Hell in a Cell

During Saturday’s episode of Talking Smack, the Hell in a Cell match between Roman Reigns and Rey Mysterio was made official.

On Friday Night SmackDown, Mysterio challenged Reigns following the attack on Dominik Mysterio the previous week. Mysterio issued the challenge as a Hell in a Cell Match with the Universal Championship being defended by Reigns.

The match is the second Hell in a Cell Match on the card joining the WWE Championship Match between Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre.

Here is the updated card for Hell in a Cell taking place Sunday, June 20th:
*Hell in a Cell for the WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (champion) vs. Drew McIntyre
*Hell in a Cell for the Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (champion) vs. Rey Mysterio
*Raw Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley (champion) vs. Charlotte Flair
*SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bianca Belair (champion) vs. Bayley

Love the match, but I don’t like a feud that just started being in a HIAC. Either way, I’m sure it will be a great match.

Seems like a forgone conclusion (especially with limited build) that this is just something for Roman to do until Cena and Summerslam

I just hope we get Roman or The Usos throwing Dominik off the cell.

2 Likes

That would be amazing! Dom off the top and gone to NXT for a while.

I hate matches where you know already who will win bc a bigger match is looming in a month for the champion.

1 Like

Ain’t nothing they can do about knowing in advance who is going to win a Reigns match until the wheel lands on The Rock, because we’ll know every single time no matter what they do. But really, this isn’t about who is going to win; it’s about finding good foils for advancing the Roman Reigns story and what helps the more long-term parts of that narrative and the Usos grow. And if that also brings some amazing matches along the way (like we got with Cesaro, and what we’ll get with Rey), they’ve done what they need to.

And Dom taking the big bump none of us want to see Rey take? All the better.

1 Like

Ya, this is the bi-product of having a strong champion. I equate it to Moxleys run, even though I was bored by it, most fans were into it. It was so obvious he wasn’t loosing to the Kingston’s, Cages etc. Of the world, because it was obvious that he was going to loose it to either Page or Omega. Same thing with Roman, you just know that the Mysterios, Cesaros, and Big E’s of the world are not going to beat him anytime soon.