ROYAL RUMBLE 2023 THREAD

The rumble was average for me. Did really enjoy the final 2 having a good amount of time at the end. I really hope the keep drew and Sheamus together - surly they would enjoy a good year + together. They could become a legit legendary tag team together.

What happened to rey?

Rey and Curtis Axel - the two most people that were robbed.

Was waiting for him until the end - what happened to Kofi? Is that two botched escapes in a row

Congrats to Rey Mysterio who won the Royal Rumble after Cody jumped over the top rope.

2 Likes

Is bray wyatt the predator now?

I was willing to give this pitch black match a chance but that was fucking brutal. Complete waste of time

There is a massive disconnect between Bray’s character and Bray’s theme.

Terrible show so far. A very average Rumble, followed by a complete garbage match.

Gunther has been the only good thing about the show.

I loved Pat McAfee’s commentary during the entire Wyatt mess. He’s saying what any normal person is thinking - what the hell is happening.

It’s time to just move on from Wyatt. It’s just never going to work.

Remember that great build to Triple H’s return in 2002 so he could have a match to advertise soda?

The difference is that no matter the character Hunter delivers in the ring. Bray does not and never has.

1 Like

And just as he always did before, the Wyatt crap has completely killed the crowd :yawning_face:

I’m just catching up but I loved the Men’s Rumble match. I thought it was the best Royal Rumble match in years. It had great action and some very funny moments. Very well booked. I loved that Sheamus and McIntyre had each others backs the whole match and never turned on each other like most tag teams acting like idiots in the Rumble.

The Cody vs Rollins spots at the end and then Cody vs Gunther basically having a whole match were also really well done.

But I’ve gone on record saying I never thought Sami was going to win or is anywhere near the level of winning. I also didn’t think the crowd would revolt if Sami didn’t which I was proved right about as the crowd was very happy with Cody winning. So I’m not disappointed. I’m excited. I’ve been All In (pun intended) on Cody’s quest to win the WWE championship that eluded his father since he debuted at last years WrestleMania (which I was at live so I am a bit biased).

2 Likes

You’d be able to hear it if someone in the arena sneezed right now

Dana Brooke has been under contract now for 10 years. Why is she still so bad?

1 Like

Asuka is so far above the rest of the women in this Rumble. She and Becky Lynch were the only ones to get any reaction from the audience. She comes in with a new look and fast, physical, well executed style.

While WWE is usually terrible booking anyone who’s not fluent in English Asuka is the one exemption and she’s been kept a strong character her entire career.

Talk about predictable

Cody wins
Rhea wins

For some reason useless Nia Jax is back

What a waste of time so far

Some genius decided to have number 30 win and then have number 1 win basically telegraphing it when Rhea came out first. I literally groaned when she was first as I knew what was going on.

Women’s Rumble wasn’t anything special but hit all the right beats to advance storylines. Both Rumbles fail the “roster depth test” but the men’s passed the “entertainment” test and women’s was good enough.

The women’s rumble dragged big time. Again, the majority of the talent just isn’t over. Nia Jax as the surprise entrant was a joke. Where the hell was Ronda? Thought the match built Rhea well but not a great match.