Rumble Pool Discussion

Surprises HBK (even a good chance he could win)
jeff Jarett
JBL

Trish
shayna
melina

I hereby protest the results of the surprise entrants! I picked Kurt Angle and he should have been considered a surprise entrant. His name wasn’t on the list of entrants, hasn’t been a regular character in a while and hasn’t had a match since Drew beat him, which was more than a month ago. Also consider the fact he doesn’t wrestle every week. In my opinion, that defines a surprise entrant.

Angle is a “current superstar” on the WWE website* and worked house shows the weekend before. Would Fandango have been a surprise entrant?

* in fairness, so are Booker T. and Jerry Lawler

1 Like

A wrestler returning from a lengthy injury should be considered a surprise return. In years past the precedent has been set with Edge and John Cena.
I see your point with Kurt Angle being listed on their website, however this category didn’t have any set rules. It was left up to John and Wai’s discretion as to who a surprise was. Which means a lot of “surprise” entrants can be open for debate.

Furthermore, according to Dave, Angle wasn’t supposed to be in the Rumble. Apparently he took Zack Ryder’s spot in the last minute. Now if that isn’t the definition of a “surprise” entrant, then I don’t know what is lol