RUSH had knee surgery after La Facción Ingobernable's "suspension" from ROH

Originally published at RUSH had knee surgery after La Facción Ingobernable's "suspension" from ROH

It was in February of 2020 that RUSH defeated PCO and Mark Haskins to become ROH World Champion. RUSH has been reigning as champion since then and went on to form La Faccion Ingobernable with Dragon Lee, Bestia del Ring, Kenny King and Amy Rose.

This weekend at Ring of Honor’s Best in the World pay-per-view, fans will be live in attendance for the first time in over a year and headlining that show will be RUSH defending the world title against Bandido. Bandido won the 2021 Survival of the Fittest tournament to earn the opportunity.

RUSH spoke to Sports Illustrated ahead of the match and mentioned that he had knee surgery following the storyline suspension of La Faccion Ingobernable. RUSH’s last documented match (Cagematch.net) was on the April 23rd episode of ROH TV.

It is very exciting for me to wrestle in front of a crowd again. Without the fans, wrestling is nothing. This show is called Best in the World, and I’ll show them why I am the best in the world. That is why I’m ROH champion.

After my suspension , I had surgery on my knee. I am now healthy and stronger than before. I’m back with a more powerful mentality, more violence, and I’m ready to cause even more destruction. My desire is to continue to be the best in the world.

At Sunday’s pay-per-view, on top of the ten match-plus card, the bracket for the ROH Women’s World Title tournament will be revealed.