Sami Callihan announces new multi-year deal with IMPACT

Originally published at Sami Callihan announces new multi-year deal with IMPACT

Sami Callihan (Samuel Johnston) has revealed that he has signed a new two-year deal with IMPACT Wrestling.

The 33-year old performer was set to become a free agent on January 1st but confirmed that he will remain with IMPACT Wrestling for at least two more years.

Today marks when I WOULD have been a FREE AGENT.

I just RE-SIGNED with @IMPACTWRESTLING, 2 years for BIG money.

I got other offers…but I don’t give a damn.

This is MY company.

I made this company.

I will be champion again in 2021.#TheDRAW pic.twitter.com/Ylzr9DIf8s

— ₮ⱧɆ ĐⱤ₳₩ (@TheSamiCallihan) January 1, 2021

Callihan joined IMPACT in November 2017 and established oVe alongside Jake & Dave Crist, who have both since departed the company.

He became IMPACT Champion in October 2019 defeating Brian Cage. Prior to the title victory, Callihan had been feuding with Tessa Blanchard and it culminated with Blanchard becoming the first female to hold the IMPACT title when she beat Callihan in January 2020 at the Hard to Kill pay-per-view.

Over the past year, Callihan has aligned with Ken Shamrock and recently revived his longstanding program with Eddie Edwards. The two had an infamous match in 2018 where Callihan legitimately struck Edwards in the face with a baseball bat and they turned the injury into a key element of the feud.

I feel like it makes sense for him to stick with Impact. In AEW or WWE, he’d be further down in the pecking order and going to any other company at the moment would feel like a step down. Seems like a good decision.

I kind of also feel like nobody is really knocking down Callihan’s door in 2021. So it makes sense to stick with the place that has given him his most consistent platform.

1 Like

Agreed with overall sentiment, Impact seems like the smart move. AEW can only sign so many people, and I just dont see him doing well in the WWE. Win-Win.